A Poverty and Inequality Impact Assessment of Liberalization of Water Utility in Senegal: A Macro-Micro Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bourguignon, Francois & De Melo, Jaime & Suwa, Akiko, 1991. "Modeling the effects of adjustment programs on income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(11), pages 1527-1544, November.
- François Bourguignon & Amedeo Spadaro, 2006.
"Microsimulation as a tool for evaluating redistribution policies,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 4(1), pages 77-106, April.
- François Bourguignon & Amadéo Spadaro, 2005. "Microsimulation as a tool for evaluating redistribution policies," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590863, HAL.
- Amadéo Spadaro & François Bourguignon, 2006. "Microsimulation as a Tool for Evaluating Redistribution Policies," Post-Print halshs-00754162, HAL.
- François Bourguignon & Amedeo Spadaro, 2006. "Microsimulation as a Tool for Evaluating Redistribution Policies," Working Papers 20, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Luc Savard, 2005.
"Poverty and Inequality Analysis within a CGE Framework: A Comparative Analysis of the Representative Agent and Microsimulation Approaches,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 23(3), pages 313-331, May.
- Luc Savard, 2004. "Poverty and Inequality Analysis within a CGE Framework: a Comparative Analysis of the Representative Agent and Micro-Simulation Approaches," Cahiers de recherche 0412, CIRPEE.
- Luc Savard, 2005. "Poverty and Inequality Analysis within a CGE Framework: A Comparative Analysis of the Representative Agent and Microsimulation Approaches," Post-Print hal-00813583, HAL.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Jean-Marc Montaud, 2003. "Dotations en capital et pauvreté des ménages au Burkina Faso : une analyse en Équilibre Général Calculable," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 11(1), pages 43-71.
- Chia, Ngee-Choon & Wahba, Sadek & Whalley, John, 1994. "Poverty-Reducing Targeting Programmes: A General Equilibrium Approach," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 3(2), pages 309-338, October.
- De Maio, Lorenzo & Stewart, Frances & van der Hoeven, Rolph, 1999. "Computable General Equilibrium Models, Adjustment and the Poor in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 453-470, March.
- Rutherford, Thomas & Tarr, David & Shepotylo, Oleksandr, 2005. "Poverty effects of Russia's WTO accession : modeling"real"households and endogenous productivity effects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3473, The World Bank.
- Bourguignon, F. & Michel, G. & Miqueu, D., 1983. "Short-run rigidities and long-run adjustments in a computable general equilibrium model of income distribution and development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 21-43.
- Morrisson, Christian, 1991. "Adjustment, incomes and poverty in Morocco," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(11), pages 1633-1651, November.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2004. "Welfare Impacts of China's Accession to the World Trade Organization," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 18(1), pages 29-57.
- Taylor, Lance & Lysy, Frank J., 1979. "Vanishing income redistributions : Keynesian clues about model surprises in the short run," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 11-29, February.
- Thomas W. Hertel & Jeffrey J. Reimer, 2006.
"Predicting the Poverty Impacts of Trade Reform,"
QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria,
Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 2, May.
- Thomas Hertel & Jeffrey Reimer, 2005. "Predicting the poverty impacts of trade reform," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 377-405.
- Decaluwe, B. & Patry, A. & Savard, L. & Thorbecke, E., 1999.
"Poverty Analysis Within a General Equilibrium Framework,"
Cahiers de recherche
9909, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Decaluwe, B. & Patry, A. & Savard, L. & Thorbecke, E., 1999. "Poverty Analysis Within a General Equilibrium Framework," Papers 9909, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Jean-Marc Montaud, 2000. "Dotations en capital et pauvreté des ménages au Burkina Faso : une analyse en équilibre général calculable," Documents de travail 50, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:hal:journl:dumas-00811476 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kayaga, Sam & Franceys, Richard, 2007. "Costs of urban utility water connections: Excessive burden to the poor," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 270-277, December.
- Marcela Meléndez & Andrés Gómez-Lobo Echeñique, 2007. "Social Policy, Regulation and Private Sector water supply: the case of Colombia," Working Papers wp252, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Antonio Estache & Luc Savard, 2007. "Electricity Reforms in Senegal: A Macro–Micro Analysis of the Effects on Poverty and Distribution," Cahiers de recherche 07-12, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
More about this item
Keywordscomputable general equilibrium model; micro-simulation; poverty analysis; income distribution; privatization; water utilities;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:shr:wpaper:05-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luc Savard). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deushca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.