Report NEP-AFR-2005-12-09This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Suzanne McCoskey issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Livingstone S. Luboobi & Joseph Y.T. Mugisha, 2005. "HIV/AIDS Pandemic in Africa: Trends and Challenges," Working Papers 2005.103, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Habiyaremye, Alexis, 2005. "Dependence on Primary Commodities and Poverty Traps in Sub-Saharan Africa: Devising strategies and building capabilities for diversification," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 09, United Nations University - INTECH.
- John Nellis, 2005. "Privatization in Africa: What has happened? What is to be done?," Working Papers 2005.127, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A & Yared, Pierre, 2005. "Income and Democracy," CEPR Discussion Papers 5273, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicolas Hérault, 2005. "A Micro-Macro Model for South Africa: Building and Linking a Microsimulation Model to a CGE Model," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2005n16, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- John Nellis, 2005. "The Evolution of Enterprise Reform in Africa: From State-owned Enterprises to Private Participation in Infrastructure — and Back?," Working Papers 2005.117, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Elina Eskola, . "Improving Trade and Transport Services in Tanzania: A General Equilibrium Approach," Discussion Papers 05-22, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics, revised Nov 2005.
- Michael Carter & Peter Little & Tewodaj Mogues & Workneh Negatu, 2005. "Shocks, Sensitivity and Resilience: Tracking the Economic Impacts of Environmental Disaster on Assets in Ethiopia and Honduras," Development and Comp Systems 0511029, EconWPA.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & Samuel de Abreu Pessôa & Fernando A. Veloso, 2005. "The Evolution of International Output Differences (1960-2000): From Factors to Productivity," IBMEC RJ Economics Discussion Papers 2005-11, Economics Research Group, IBMEC Business School - Rio de Janeiro.
- Koren, Miklós & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "Volatility and Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 5307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dorothée Boccanfuso & Antonio Estache & Luc Savard, 2005. "A Poverty and Inequality Impact Assessment of Liberalization of Water Utility in Senegal: A Macro-Micro Analysis," Cahiers de recherche 05-13, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Tomas J. Philipson & Anupam B. Jena, 2005. "Who Benefits from New Medical Technologies? Estimates of Consumer and Producer Surpluses for HIV/AIDS Drugs," NBER Working Papers 11810, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.