The Origins of Inequality: Insiders, Outsiders, Elites, and Commoners
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gregory K. Dow & Clyde G. Reed, 2013. "The Origins of Inequality: Insiders, Outsiders, Elites, and Commoners," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(3), pages 609-641.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dow, Gregory K. & Reed, Clyde G., 2011. "Stagnation and innovation before agriculture," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 339-350, March.
- Matthew J. Baker, 2003. "An Equilibrium Conflict Model of Land Tenure in Hunter-Gatherer Societies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 124-173, February.
- de Meza, David & Gould, J R, 1992. "The Social Efficiency of Private Decisions to Enforce Property Rights," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(3), pages 561-580, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephan Heblich & Alex Trew, 2015.
"Banking and Industrialization,"
CDMA Working Paper Series
201502, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis, revised 01 Dec 2017.
- Stephan Heblich & Alex Trew, 2015. "Banking and Industrialization," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201506, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews, revised 01 Dec 2017.
- Stephan Heblich & Alex Trew, 2015. "Banking and Industrialization," CESifo Working Paper Series 5503, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruce Winterhalder, 2015. "Jared Diamond: The world until yesterday: what can we learn from traditional societies?," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 303-307, October.
- Gregory K. Dow & Clyde G. Reed & Simon Woodcock, 2016. "The Economics Of Exogamous Marriage In Small-Scale Societies," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 54(4), pages 1805-1823, October.
- Dow, Gregory K. & Reed, Clyde G., 2015. "The origins of sedentism: Climate, population, and technology," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 56-71.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:127:y:2017:i:c:p:297-305 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:reecon:v:71:y:2017:i:3:p:373-383 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsinequality; stratification; prehistory; archaeology; anthropology; insiders; outsiders; elites; commoners; productivity; population density; foraging; hunting and gathering; agriculture;
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-03 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sfu:sfudps:dp09-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Working Paper Coordinator). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desfuca.html .