Are Asymmetrically Informed Agents Envious?
In most economies, a fair allocation does not exist. Thus, it seems that we are condemned to live in an unfair world, since we are not happy with what we have and we look at the others with envious eyes. In this paper we want to give an hope for a more equitable society.
|Date of creation:||10 Oct 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Forthcoming in Metroeconomica|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: I-80126 Napoli|
Phone: +39 081 - 675372
Fax: +39 081 - 675372
Web page: http://www.csef.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thibault Gajdos & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2002.
"Fairness under Uncertainty,"
AccessEcon, vol. 4(18), pages 1-7.
- Thibault Gajdos & Jean-Marc Tallon, 2002. "Fairness under Uncertainty," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00086032, HAL.
- de Clippel, Geoffroy, 2008.
"Equity, envy and efficiency under asymmetric information,"
Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 265-267, May.
- Geoffroy de Clippel, 2004. "Equity, Envy and Efficiency under Asymmetric Information," Working Papers 2004-19, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Luciano Castro & Marialaura Pesce & Nicholas Yannelis, 2011.
"Core and equilibria under ambiguity,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 48(2), pages 519-548, October.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2002:i:18:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Diamantaras, Dimitrios, 1991. "Envy-free and efficient allocations in large public good economies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 227-232, July.
- Klaus, Bettina, 2009.
""Fair marriages": An impossibility,"
Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 74-75, October.
- Chiara Donnini & Maria Gabriella Graziano & Maria Laura Pesce, 2010. "Fairness Properties of Constrained Market Equilibria," CSEF Working Papers 245, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sef:csefwp:292. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lia Ambrosio)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.