Recursive Thick Modeling and the Choice of Monetary Policy in Mexico
By following the spirit in Favero and Milani (2005), we use recursive thick modeling to take into account model uncertainty for the choice of optimal monetary policy. We consider an open economy model and generate multiple models for only the aggregate demand and aggregate supply. Models are constructed by matching the rankings of aggregate demand and aggregate supply and adding other specifications for the rest of the variables. The main results show that recursive thick modeling with equal and different weights approximates the recent historical behavior of nominal interest rates in Mexico better than recursive thin modeling
|Date of creation:||04 Jul 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://comp-econ.org/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Watt, P A, 1979. "Tests of Equality between Sets of Coefficients in Two Linear Regressions When Disturbance Variances Are Unequal: Some Small Sample Properties," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 47(4), pages 391-96, December.
- Glenn Rudebusch & Lars E.O. Svensson, 1999.
"Policy Rules for Inflation Targeting,"
in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 203-262
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D & Svensson, Lars E O, 1998. "Policy Rules for Inflation Targeting," CEPR Discussion Papers 1999, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rudebusch, G.D. & Svensson, L.E.O., 1998. "Policy Rules for Inflation Targeting," Papers 637, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & Lars E. O. Svensson, 1998. "Policy Rules for Inflation Targeting," NBER Working Papers 6512, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & Lars E. O. Svensson, 1998. "Policy rules for inflation targeting," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 98-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Svensson, Lars E.O. & Rudebusch , Glenn, 1998. "Policy Rules for Inflation Targeting," Seminar Papers 637, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Martin Eichenbaum & Charles Evans, 1992.
"Some empirical evidence on the effects of monetary policy shocks on exchange rates,"
Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues
92-32, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Martin Eichenbaum & Charles L. Evans, 1993. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks on Exchange Rates," NBER Working Papers 4271, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giordani, Paolo & Soderlind, Paul, 2004.
"Solution of macromodels with Hansen-Sargent robust policies: some extensions,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2367-2397, December.
- Giordani, Paolo & Söderlind, Paul, 2002. "Solution of Macromodels with Hansen-Sargent Robust Policies: Some Extensions," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 499, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 15 May 2003.
- Pesaran, M Hashem & Timmermann, Allan, 1995. " Predictability of Stock Returns: Robustness and Economic Significance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(4), pages 1201-28, September.
- Laurence M. Ball, 1999.
"Policy Rules for Open Economies,"
in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 127-156
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Onatski, Alexei & Stock, James H., 2002.
"Robust Monetary Policy Under Model Uncertainty In A Small Model Of The U.S. Economy,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 85-110, February.
- Alexei Onatski & James H. Stock, 1999. "Robust monetary policy under model uncertainty in a small model of the U.S. economy," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Alexei Onatski & James H. Stock, 2000. "Robust Monetary Policy Under Model Uncertainty in a Small Model of the U.S. Economy," NBER Working Papers 7490, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Söderström, Ulf, 1999.
"Monetary policy with uncertain parameters,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
308, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Aaron Tornell, 1996.
"Exchange Rate Dynamics and Learning,"
NBER Working Papers
5530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Olivier Gourinchas & Aaron Tornell, 1996. "Exchange Rate Dynamics and Learning," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1771, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Fabio Milani, 2008.
"Monetary Policy With A Wider Information Set: A Bayesian Model Averaging Approach,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(1), pages 1-30, 02.
- Fabio Milani, 2004. "Monetary Policy with a Wider Information Set: a Bayesian Model Averaging Approach," Macroeconomics 0401004, EconWPA.
- Engert, Walter & Selody, Jack, 1998. "Uncertainty and Multiple Paradigms of the Transmission Mechanism," Staff Working Papers 98-7, Bank of Canada.
- Bossaerts, Peter & Hillion, Pierre, 1999. "Implementing Statistical Criteria to Select Return Forecasting Models: What Do We Learn?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 405-28.
- Rosario Dell'Aquila & Elvezio Ronchetti, 2004. "Stock and Bond Return Predictability : The Discrimination Power of Model Selection Criteria," Research Papers by the Institute of Economics and Econometrics, Geneva School of Economics and Management, University of Geneva 2004.05, Institut d'Economie et Econométrie, Université de Genève.
- Favero Carlo A. & Milani Fabio, 2005.
"Parameter Instability, Model Uncertainty and the Choice of Monetary Policy,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-33, February.
- Favero, Carlo A. & Milani, Fabio, 2005. "Parameter Instability, Model Uncertainty and the Choice of Monetary Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 4909, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Jenkins & David Longworth, 2002. "Monetary Policy and Uncertainty," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2002(Summer), pages 3-10.
- Granger, Clive W. J. & Jeon, Yongil, 2004. "Thick modeling," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 323-343, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecfa:30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.