Mitigating the Tragedy of the Digital Commons: the Case of Unsolicited Commercial Email
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin, Brett A. S. & Van Durme, Joã‹L & Raulas, Mika & Merisavo, Marko, 2003. "Email Advertising: Exploratory Insights from Finland," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 293-300, September.
- Shyam Sunder & Matthew Cronin & Darrin Filer & Robert Kraut & James Morris & Rahul Telang & Proceedings the, 2002.
"Markets for Attention: Will Postage for Email Help?,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm394, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Oct 2008.
- Shyam NMI Sunder & Matthew A. Cronin & Robert E. Kraut & James Morris & Rahul Telang, 2002. "Markets for Attention: Will Postage for Email Help?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm301, Yale School of Management.
- Wei-yu Kevin Chiang & Dilip Chhajed & James D. Hess, 2003. "Direct Marketing, Indirect Profits: A Strategic Analysis of Dual-Channel Supply-Chain Design," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(1), pages 1-20, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Matsui, Kenji, 2020. "Optimal bargaining timing of a wholesale price for a manufacturer with a retailer in a dual-channel supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 287(1), pages 225-236.
- Ciwei Dong & Liu Yang & Chi To Ng, 2020. "Quantity Leadership for a Dual-Channel Supply Chain with Retail Service," Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research (APJOR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 37(02), pages 1-32, March.
- Donna, Javier D. & Pereira, Pedro & Trindade, Andre & Yoshida, Renan C., 2020.
"Direct-to-Consumer Sales by Manufacturers and Bargaining,"
105773, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Javier Donna & Pedro Pereira & Andre Trindade & Renan Yoshida, 2021. "Direct-to-Consumer sales by manufacturers and bargaining," Working Papers 69, Red Nacional de Investigadores en Economía (RedNIE).
- Gajanan Panchal & Vipul Jain & Naoufel Cheikhrouhou & Matthias Gurtner, 2017. "Equilibrium analysis in multi-echelon supply chain with multi-dimensional utilities of inertial players," Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(4), pages 417-436, August.
- Yang, Hui & Chen, Jing & Chen, Xu & Chen, Bintong, 2017. "The impact of customer returns in a supply chain with a common retailer," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 256(1), pages 139-150.
- Yan, Ruiliang & Wang, John & Zhou, Bin, 2010. "Channel integration and profit sharing in the dynamics of multi-channel firms," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 430-440.
- Cao, Zong-Hong & Zhou, Yong-Wu & Zhao, Ju & Li, Chang-Wen, 2015. "Entry mode selection and its impact on an incumbent supply chain coordination," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-13.
- Xiao, Tiaojun & Choi, Tsan-Ming & Cheng, T.C.E., 2014. "Product variety and channel structure strategy for a retailer-Stackelberg supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 233(1), pages 114-124.
- Zhang, Peng & He, Yong & Shi, Chunming (Victor), 2017. "Retailer's channel structure choice: Online channel, offline channel, or dual channels?," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 191(C), pages 37-50.
- Yan, Yingchen & Zhao, Ruiqing & Xing, Tiantian, 2019. "Strategic introduction of the marketplace channel under dual upstream disadvantages in sales efficiency and demand information," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 273(3), pages 968-982.
- Hu, Qiying & Wei, Yihua & Xia, Yusen, 2010. "Revenue management for a supply chain with two streams of customers," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 200(2), pages 582-598, January.
- Yan, Ruiliang & Ghose, Sanjoy, 2010. "Forecast information and traditional retailer performance in a dual-channel competitive market," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 77-83, January.
- Li, Jin & Hu, Zening & Shi, Victor & Wang, Qian, 2021. "Manufacturer's encroachment strategy with substitutable green products," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 235(C).
- Wensheng Yang & Yinyuan Si & Jinxing Zhang & Sen Liu & Andrea Appolloni, 2021. "Coordination Mechanism of Dual-Channel Supply Chains Considering Retailer Innovation Inputs," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(2), pages 1-22, January.
- Yue, Xiaohang & Liu, John, 2006. "Demand forecast sharing in a dual-channel supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 174(1), pages 646-667, October.
- Matsui, Kenji, 2016. "Asymmetric product distribution between symmetric manufacturers using dual-channel supply chains," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(2), pages 646-657.
- Yao, Dong-Qing & Liu, John J., 2005. "Competitive pricing of mixed retail and e-tail distribution channels," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 235-247, June.
- Niu, Baozhuang & Xu, Jingwen & Lee, Carman K.M. & Chen, Lei, 2019. "Order timing and tax planning when selling to a rival in a low-tax emerging market," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 165-179.
- Duan, Housheng & Deng, Sijing & Song, Haiqing & Xu, Jiayan, 2021. "The impacts of sales efforts and mode of payment on the competition between agent and retailer," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 103(C).
- Khouja, Moutaz & Wang, Yulan, 2010. "The impact of digital channel distribution on the experience goods industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 207(1), pages 481-491, November.
More about this item
KeywordsSPAM; Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE); Tragedy of the Digital Commons; Simulation;
All these keywords.
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- C60 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecf5:231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sceeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christopher F. Baum (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sceeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.