Italian Government debt liquidity, is it of value?
In this paper we analyze the yield difference between two on- and off-the-run similar notes to gauge the liquidity premium. We investigate this issue by relating such a differential to several liquidity indicators that we build and examine -to our knowledge for the first time- throughout the entire life of the Italian Government securities. We provide evidence on the differences between the US and the Italian security markets, calculate accurately the joint and the total probability for liquidity shocks and provide a methodology to cope with the resilience of a liquidity shock and its implications in terms of issuance policies
|Date of creation:||Jan 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 06-4925 5302
Fax: 06-4925 5349
Web page: http://www.dss.uniroma1.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bernardo Maggi & Fabrizio Infortuna, 2008. "Assessing Italian Government bonds' term structure with CIR model in the aftermath of EMU," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 163-170.
- Edwin J. Elton & T. Clifton Green, 1998. "Tax and Liquidity Effects in Pricing Government Bonds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1533-1562, October.
- Pasquariello, Paolo & Vega, Clara, 2009. "The on-the-run liquidity phenomenon," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1999. "Price Formation and Liquidity in the U.S. Treasury Market: The Response to Public Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1901-1915, October.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1991. " Liquidity, Maturity, and the Yields on U.S. Treasury Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1411-25, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sas:wpaper:20143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefano Fachin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.