Italian Government debt liquidity, is it of value?
In this paper we analyze the yield difference between two on- and off-the-run similar notes to gauge the liquidity premium. We investigate this issue by relating such a differential to several liquidity indicators that we build and examine -to our knowledge for the first time- throughout the entire life of the Italian Government securities. We provide evidence on the differences between the US and the Italian security markets, calculate accurately the joint and the total probability for liquidity shocks and provide a methodology to cope with the resilience of a liquidity shock and its implications in terms of issuance policies
|Date of creation:||Jan 2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Viale Regina Elena, 295 - palazzina G, 00161 Roma|
Phone: 06-4925 5302
Fax: 06-4925 5349
Web page: http://www.dss.uniroma1.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edwin J. Elton & T. Clifton Green, 1998. "Tax and Liquidity Effects in Pricing Government Bonds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(5), pages 1533-1562, October.
- Pasquariello, Paolo & Vega, Clara, 2009. "The on-the-run liquidity phenomenon," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Bernardo Maggi & Fabrizio Infortuna, 2008. "Assessing Italian Government bonds' term structure with CIR model in the aftermath of EMU," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 163-170.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1991. " Liquidity, Maturity, and the Yields on U.S. Treasury Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1411-1425, September.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1999. "Price Formation and Liquidity in the U.S. Treasury Market: The Response to Public Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(5), pages 1901-1915, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sas:wpaper:20143. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stefano Fachin)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.