Parallel Journeys: Adam Smith and Milton Friedman on the Regulation of Banking
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- White, Eugene Nelson, 1984. "A Reinterpretation of the Banking Crisis of 1930," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(01), pages 119-138, March.
- Bodenhorn, Howard, 1993. "Small-Denomination Banknotes in Antebellum America," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(4), pages 812-827, November.
- David Laidler, 1981. "Adam Smith as a Monetary Economist," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(2), pages 185-200, May.
- Selgin, George, 2001. "In-Concert Overexpansion and the Precautionary Demand for Bank Reserves," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(2), pages 294-300, May.
- Selgin, George & White, Lawrence H, 1997. "The Option Clause in Scottish Banking: A Comment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(2), pages 270-273, May.
- Rockoff, Hugh, 1974. "The Free Banking Era: A Reexamination," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(2), pages 141-167, May.
- Jadlow, Joseph M, 1977. "Adam Smith on Usury Laws," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1195-1200, September.
- David Levy, 1987. "Adam Smith's Case for Usury Laws," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 387-400, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gigliobianco Alfredo & Giordano Claire, 2012.
"Does Economic Theory Matter in Shaping Banking Regulation? A Case-study of Italy (1861-1936),"
Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-78, September.
- Alfredo Gigliobianco & Claire Giordano, 2010. "Economic Theory and Banking Regulation: The Italian Case (1861-1930s)," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 5, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
Keywordsbanking; Adam Smith; Milton Friedman;
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2010-07-17 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2010-07-17 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2010-07-17 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-REG-2010-07-17 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rut:rutres:201004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/derutus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.