Banks And The Design Of The Financial System: Underpinnings In Steuart, Smith And Hilferding
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Laidler, 1981. "Adam Smith as a Monetary Economist," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(2), pages 185-200, May.
- Lapavitsas, Costas, 1994. "The Banking School and the Monetary Thought of Karl Marx," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(5), pages 447-461, October.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1985. "Credit Markets and the Control of Capital," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 133-152, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 1996. "Stock Market Development and Financing Choices of Firms," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 341-369, May.
- Steven Horwitz, 1994. "Complementary Non-Quantity Theory Approaches to Money: Hilferding's Finance Capital and Free-Banking Theory," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 26(2), pages 221-238, Summer.
- Anthony Brewer, 1997. "An eighteenth-century view of economic development: Hume and Steuart," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1-22.
- Mayer, Colin, 1987. "The Assessment: Financial Systems and Corporate Investment," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 1-1, Winter.
- Corbett, Jenny & Jenkinson, Tim, 1997. "How Is Investment Financed? A Study of Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(0), pages 69-93, Supplemen.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pradeepta Sethi & Brajesh Kumar, 2014. "Financial structure gap and economic development in India," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 776-794, September.
- Ewa Karwowski & Mimoza Shabani & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2016.
"Financialisation: Dimensions and determinants. A cross-country study,"
PKWP1619, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Karwowski, Ewa & Shabani, Mimoza & Stockhammer, Engelbert, 2017. "Financialization: Dimensions and determinants. A cross-country study," Economics Discussion Papers 2017-1, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2005.
"Financial development, financial structure, and domestic investment: International evidence,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 651-673, June.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2003. "Financial Development, Financial Structure, and Domestic Investment: International Evidence," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2003-01, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2003. "Financial Development, Financial Structure and Domestic Investment: International Evidence," Working Papers wp16, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Mohamed Jalloh, 2016. "Stock market capitalisation and economic growth: empirical evidence from Africa," International Journal of Financial Markets and Derivatives, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 76-95.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2001. "Financial Markets and Economic Development in Africa," Working Papers wp17, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Cooray, Arusha, 2011. "The role of the government in financial sector development," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 928-938, May.
- Bilgehan TEKIN & Erol YENER, 2019. "The causality between economic growth and stock market in developing and developed countries: Toda-Yamamoto approach," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(619), S), pages 79-90, Summer.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 2000.
"Capital Flows and the Behavior of Emerging Market Equity Returns,"
NBER Chapters, in: Capital Flows and the Emerging Economies: Theory, Evidence, and Controversies, pages 159-194,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey, 1998. "Capital Flows and the Behavior of Emerging Market Equity Returns," NBER Working Papers 6669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beckmann, Michael, 2000. "Unternehmenspolitik, Managerkontrolle und Personalabbau in Deutschland : theoretische Ansätze und empirische Analyse mit Daten des IAB-Betriebspanels (Corporate policy, manager control and staff reduc," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 33(4), pages 594-608.
- Goergen, Marc & Manjon, Miguel C. & Renneboog, Luc, 2008.
"Recent developments in German corporate governance,"
International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 175-193, September.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Other publications TiSEM db2cef31-d47e-445d-ba35-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2004-014, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Other publications TiSEM f1cb70de-0638-4cfc-baf6-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2004-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bülent Köksal & Cüneyt Orman, 2015.
"Determinants of capital structure: evidence from a major developing economy,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 255-282, February.
- Bülent, Köksal & Cüneyt, Orman & Arif, Oduncu, 2013. "Determinants of Capital Structure: Evidence from a Major Emerging Market Economy," MPRA Paper 48415, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bulent Koksal & Cuneyt Orman, 2014. "Determinants of Capital Structure : Evidence from a Major Developing Economy," Working Papers 1426, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Bülent Köksal & Cüneyt Orman, 2014. "Determinants of Capital Structure: Evidence from a Major Developing Economy," EcoMod2014 6405, EcoMod.
- Ding, Haina, 2015. "Innovation strategies and stock price informativeness," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 491, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Simon Mouatt, 2008. "Evaluating Stephen Zarlenga's treatment of historical monetary thought," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 35(11), pages 846-856, September.
- Chen, Zhiyuan & Li, Yong & Zhang, Jie, 2016. "The bank–firm relationship: Helping or grabbing?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 385-403.
- Da Rin, Marco & Hellmann, Thomas, 2002.
"Banks as Catalysts for Industrialization,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 366-397, October.
- Marco Da Rin & Thomas Hellmann, "undated". "Banks as Catalysts for Industrialization," Working Papers 103, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Marco Da Rin & Thomas Hellmann, 2001. "Banks as Catalysts for Industrialization," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 443, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Da Rin, Marco & Hellmann, Thomas F., 2002. "Banks as Catalysts for Industrialization," Research Papers 1398, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Marco Da Rin & Thomas Hellmann, 2000. "Banks as Catalysts for Industrialisation," FMG Discussion Papers dp343, Financial Markets Group.
- A. Ganesh-Kumar & Kunal Sen & Rajendra R. Vaidya, 2002. "Does the source of financing matter? Financial markets, financial intermediaries and investment in India," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 211-228.
- Salvatore Capasso, 2006. "Stock Market Development and Economic Growth: A Matter of Information Dynamics," CSEF Working Papers 166, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Olena Oliynyk-Dunn, 2017. "Development of the Financial System and Models of Financing Agricultural Enterprises: USA Experience," Accounting and Finance, Institute of Accounting and Finance, issue 3, pages 91-99, September.
- Sin-Yu Ho & N.M. Odhiambo, 2018.
"Analysing the macroeconomic drivers of stock market development in the Philippines,"
Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 1451265-145, January.
- Ho, Sin-Yu & Odhiambo, Nicholas, 2017. "Analysing the macroeconomic drivers of stock Market development in the Philippines," Working Papers 23439, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Georges Dionne, 2003.
"The Foundationsof Banks' Risk Regulation: A Review of Literature,"
THEMA Working Papers
2003-46, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Georges Dionne, 2003. "The Foundations of Banks' Risk Regulation: a Review of the Literature," Cahiers de recherche 0346, CIRPEE.
More about this item
KeywordsAdam Smith; James Steuart; Rudolf Hilferding; banking theory; Marxist theory of finance;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soa:wpaper:128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desoauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Yannis Dafermos (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desoauk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.