The Effect of IPSAS on Reforming Governmental Financial Reporting: an International Comparison
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James L. Chan, 2003. "Government Accounting: An Assessment of Theory, Purposes and Standards," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 13-20, January.
- Baker, C. Richard & Barbu, Elena M., 2007. "Trends in research on international accounting harmonization," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 272-304.
- Christopher Nobes, 2011. "IFRS Practices and the Persistence of Accounting System Classification," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 47(3), pages 267-283, September.
- E. Barbu & C. R. Baker, 2007. "Trends in research on international accounting harmonization," Post-Print halshs-00325849, HAL.
- J. Christiaens & B. Reyniers, 2009. "Impact of IPSAS on Reforming Governmental Financial Information Systems: A Comparative Study," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/600, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Ingram, Robert W., 1983. "The importance of state accounting practices for creditor decisions," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 5-17.
- Pollitt, Christopher & Bouckaert, Geert, 2004. "Public Management Reform: A Comparative Analysis," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780199268498.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christofzik, Désirée I., 2019.
"Does accrual accounting alter fiscal policy decisions? - Evidence from Germany,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Christofzik, Désirée, 2019. "Does Accrual Accounting Alter Fiscal Policy Decisions? - Evidence from Germany," VfS Annual Conference 2019 (Leipzig): 30 Years after the Fall of the Berlin Wall - Democracy and Market Economy 203512, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Christofzik, Désirée I., 2019. "Does accrual accounting alter fiscal policy decisions? Evidence from Germany," Working Papers 06/2019, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Andrei-Răzvan CRIȘAN, 2014. "Similarities And Dissimilarities Between The Romanian Public Accounting System And Ipsas 1 – Presentation Of Financial Statements," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 4, pages 229-235, July.
- Wioletta Mierzejewska, 2016. "STRATEGIES AND STRUCTURES OF POLISH SMEs," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Oulasvirta Lasse Olavi, 2014. "Governmental Financial Accounting and European Harmonisation: Case Study of Finland," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 1-27, December.
- Andrei-Razvan Crisan & Cristina Silvia Nistor & Adriana Tiron-Tudor & Tudor Oprisor, 2016. "Ipsas Implementation And Perspectives For Epsas Implementation At The European Union Local Government Levels," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Nicolae Marinescu, 2016. "Spillover Effects From Foreign Direct Investment To Local Smes. An Empirical Study," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Andrei R. CRIŞAN, 2014. "Governmental Financial Reports: Between Variety And Integration," CrossCultural Management Journal, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 1, pages 55-65, May.
- Mussari Riccardo & Sorrentino Daniela, 2017. "Italian Public Sector Accounting Reform: A Step Towards European Public Sector Accounting Harmonisation," Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium, De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 137-153, July.
- Amanda W. Beck, 2018. "Opportunistic financial reporting around municipal bond issues," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 785-826, September.
- Oana Adriana Gica & Cristina Ioana Balint, 2016. "Tourism Globalization. The Case Of Romania," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Samuel, Sajay & Manassian, Armond, 2011. "The rise and coming fall of international accounting research," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 608-627.
- Gross, Christian & Perotti, Pietro, 2017. "Output-based measurement of accounting comparability: A survey of empirical proxies," Journal of Accounting Literature, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-22.
- Raffaele Fiume & Tiziano Onesti & Valerio Pieri, 2013. "Dialogue with standard setters," FINANCIAL REPORTING, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(3-4), pages 169-189.
- Mari Kobayashi & Kiyoshi Yamamoto & Keiko Ishikawa, 2016. "The Usefulness of Accrual Information in Non‐mandatory Environments: The Case of Japanese Local Government," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 26(2), pages 153-161, June.
- Palea, Vera & Biancone, Paolo Pietro, 2017. "Which Accounting Rules for Economic and Social Sustainable Development? Engaging Critically with IFRS Adoption in the EU," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201733, University of Turin.
- Elena Barbu & Pascal Dumontier & Niculae Feleagă & Liliana Feleagă, 2011. "Mandatory environmental disclosures by companies complying with IAS/IFRS: The case of France, Germany and the UK," Post-Print halshs-00658734, HAL.
- Jean J. Chen & Haitao Zhang, 2014. "The Impact of the Corporate Governance Code on Earnings Management â€“ Evidence from Chinese Listed Companies," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 20(3), pages 596-632, June.
- Elena Barbu & Pascal Dumontier & Niculae Feleagă & Liliana Feleagă, 2012. "Mandatory environmental disclosures by companies complying with IAS/IFRS: The case of France, Germany and the UK," Working Papers halshs-00658409, HAL.
- Alon, Anna & Dwyer, Peggy D., 2014. "Early Adoption of IFRS as a Strategic Response to Transnational and Local Influences," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 348-370.
- Bilal JIBAI, 2018. "Modernization of the General Reporting Framework for Accomplishing Corporate Governance Requirements," REVISTA DE MANAGEMENT COMPARAT INTERNATIONAL/REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL COMPARATIVE MANAGEMENT, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 19(3), pages 252-263, July.
- Apostolos A. Ballas & Despina Skoutela & Christos A. Tzovas, 2010. "The relevance of IFRS to an emerging market: evidence from Greece," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(11), pages 931-948, September.
- Barbu, Elena M. & Dumontier, Pascal & Feleagă, Niculae & Feleagă, Liliana, 2014. "Mandatory Environmental Disclosures by Companies Complying with IASs/IFRSs: The Cases of France, Germany, and the UK," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 231-247.
- Tran Thi Thuong, 2018. "The Development Path of Vietnamese Accounting System," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(5), pages 154-164, May.
- Hinke, J. & Stárová, M., 2013. "Application Possibilities and Consequences of Biological Assets and Agricultural Produce Reporting in Accordance with IFRS Principles in the Czech Republic," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 5(4), pages 1-13, December.
- Stefano Azzali & Luca Fornaciari & Tatiana Mazza, 2018. "Trends in Italian Accounting and Management Research by topical areas," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2018(2 Suppl.), pages 157-181.
- Palea, Vera, 2018. "Financial reporting for sustainable development: Critical insights into IFRS implementation in the European Union," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 248-260.
- Francesco Badia & Tiziana Landi & Valentina Montin, 2019. "Innovation in Public Sector Accounting: a New Role for Local Governments?," Working Papers 2019048, University of Ferrara, Department of Economics.
- Bozkurt, Orhan & İslamoğlu, Mehmet & Öz, Yaşar, 2013. "Perceptions of professionals interested in accounting and auditing about acceptance and adaptation of global financial reporting standards," Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Science, Universidad ESAN, vol. 18(34), pages 16-23.
- Bruns, Hans-Jürgen, 2014. "Accounting change and value creation in public services—Do relational archetypes make a difference in improving public service performance?," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 339-367.
- Elkins, Hamilton & Entwistle, Gary & Schmidt, Regan N., 2021. "The influence of opportunistic capital structure disclosure in international financial reporting on nonprofessional investors," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 42(C).
More about this item
KeywordsComparative public accounting; IPSAS; local government; central government accounting reform;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2013-11-02 (Accounting & Auditing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:13/845. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Nathalie Verhaeghe (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.