Distribution and Cost-Push inflation in Brazil under inflation targeting, 1999-2014
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "The Wage Curve," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, September.
- Marc Lavoie, 2000. "A Post Keynesian View of Interest Parity Theorems," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 163-179, September.
- Claúdio Hamilton Matos dos Santos & André Gaspar Cieplinski & Débora Pimentel & Gustavo Bhering, 2015. "Por que a Elasticidade-Câmbio das Importações é Baixa no Brasil? Evidências a Partir das Desagregações das Importações Por Categorias de Uso," Discussion Papers 2046, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Antonella Stirati, 1994. "THE THEORY OF WAGES IN CLASSICAL ECONOmiCS," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 417.
- Mark Setterfield & Ted Lovejoy, 2006. "Aspirations, bargaining power, and macroeconomic performance," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(1), pages 117-148.
- Rowthorn, R E, 1977. "Conflict, Inflation and Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(3), pages 215-239, September.
- Mark Weisbrot & Jake Johnston & Stephan Lefebvre, 2014. "The Brazilian Economy in Transition: Macroeconomic Policy, Labor and Inequality," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2014-14, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Antonella Stirati, 2001. "Inflation, Unemployment and Hysteresis: An alternative view," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 427-451.
- Mark Setterfield & Kristen Leblond, 2003. "The phillips curve and US macroeconomic performance during the 1990s," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 361-376.
- Mark Setterfield, 2005. "Worker Insecurity and U.S. Macroeconomic Performance During the 1990s," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 37(2), pages 155-177, June.
- Berg, Janine, 2010.
"Laws or luck? Understanding rising formality in Brazil in the 2000s,"
43608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berg, Janine., 2010. "Laws or luck? Understanding rising formality in Brazil in the 2000s," ILO Working Papers 994603953402676, International Labour Organization.
- Michal Kalecki, 1971. "Class Struggle And The Distribution Of National Income," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 1-9, February.
- Julia de Medeiros Braga, 2011. "A Inflação Brasileira na Década de 2000 e a Importância de Políticas Não Monetárias de Controle," Discussion Papers 1672, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernando Ferrari Filho, Marcelo Milan, 2018. "Excess Real Interest Rates and the Inflation Targeting Regime in Brazil: Monetary Policy Ineffectiveness and Rentiers¡¯ Interests," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 5(6), pages 84-100, November.
- Ariel Dvoskin & Germán David Feldman & Guido Ianni, 2020.
"New‐structuralist exchange‐rate policy and the pattern of specialization in Latin American countries,"
Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 71(1), pages 22-48, February.
- Dvoskin, Ariel & Feldman, Germán David & Ianni, Guido, 2018. "New-Structuralist Exchange-Rate Policy and the Pattern of Specialization in Latin American Countries," Centro Sraffa Working Papers CSWP28, Centro di Ricerche e Documentazione "Piero Sraffa".
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ricardo Summa & Julia Braga, 2020. "The (conflict-augmented) Phillips Curve is alive and well," Working Papers 0055, ASTRIL - Associazione Studi e Ricerche Interdisciplinari sul Lavoro.
- Mark Setterfield, 2021. "Whatever happened to the 'Goodwin pattern'?," Working Papers 2101, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Franklin Serrano & Ricardo Summa, 2015. "Measuring Recovery: Aggregate Demand and the Slowdown of Brazilian Economic Growth from 2011-2014," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2015-19, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Peter Flaschel & Sigrid Luchtenberg & Hagen Kramer & Christian Proano & Mark Setterfield, 2021. "Contemporary Macroeconomic Outcomes: A Tragedy in Three Acts," Working Papers 2105, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Franklin Serrano & Ricardo Summa, 2015. "Aggregate demand and the slowdown of Brazilian economic growth in 2011-2014 [Aggregate demand and the slowdown of Brazilian economic growth in 2011-2014]," Nova Economia, Economics Department, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (Brazil), vol. 25(spe), pages 803-833, December.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2002. "The Economics of Pensions: A non-conventional approach," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 149-177.
- Mark Setterfield, 2017. "Modern (American) Capitalism: A Three Act Tragedy," Working Papers 1722, New School for Social Research, Department of Economics.
- Antonella Palumbo, 2008. "I metodi di stima del PIL potenziale tra fondamenti di Teoria economica e Contenuto empirico," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0092, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- Eckhard Hein & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2010.
"Macroeconomic Policy Mix, Employment and Inflation in a Post-Keynesian Alternative to the New Consensus Model,"
Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 317-354.
- Hein, Eckhard & Stockhammer, Engelbert, 2007. "Macroeconomic policy mix, employment and inflation in a Post-Keynesian alternative to the New Consensus Model," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 110, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Eckhard Hein & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2007. "Macroeconomic policy mix, employment and inflation in a Post-Keynesian alternative to the New Consensus Model," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp110, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2016. "The modern revival of the Classical surplus approach: implications for the analysis of growth and crises," Department of Economics University of Siena 735, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2000.
"Market concentration and technological innovation in a dynamic model of growth and distribution,"
BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 447-475.
- Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2000. "Market concentration and technological innovation in a dynamic model of growth and distribution," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 53(215), pages 447-475.
- Hermann, Zoltán, 2005. "A helyi munkaerőpiac hatása a középfokú továbbtanulási döntésekre [The local labour markets effect on decisions to enter secondary-level education]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 39-60.
- Rowthorn, Bob & Glyn, Andrew, 1990.
"The diversity of unemployment experience since 1973,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 57-89, June.
- Glyn, Andrew & Rowthorn, Bob, "undated". "The Diversity of Unemployment Experience Since 1973," WIDER Working Papers 295570, United Nations University, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Robert Rowthorn & Andrew Glyn, 1988. "The Diversity of Unemployment Experience Since 1973," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-1988-040, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Rokicki, Bartlomiej, 2013. "The Polish Wage Curve: Micro Panel Data Analysis Based on the Polish Labor Force Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 7812, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lanot, Gauthier & Walker, Ian, 1998.
"The union/non-union wage differential: An application of semi-parametric methods,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Lanot, G. & Walker, I., 1993. "The Union/Non-Union Wage Differential: an Application of Semi-Parametric Methods," Papers 9337, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Gauthier Lanot & Ian Walker, 1996. "The Union/Non-Union Wage Differential: An Application of Semi-Parametric Methods," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/9, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1991.
"Changes in the Structure of Wages in the Public and Private Sectors,"
662, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Katz, L.F. & Krueger, A.B., 1991. "Chances In The Structure Of Wages In The Public And Private Sectors," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1547, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Alan B. Krueger, 1991. "Changes in the Structure of Wages in the Public and Private Sectors," NBER Working Papers 3667, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Özlem Onaran & Engelbert Stockhammer, 2006.
"The effect of FDI and foreign trade on wages in the Central and Eastern European Countries in the post-transition era: A sectoral analysis,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
wuwp094, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Onaran, Özlem & Stockhammer, Engelbert, 2006. "The effect of FDI and foreign trade on wages in the Central and Eastern European Countries in the post-transition era: A sectoral analysis," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 94, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Carlo Morelli & Paul Seaman, 2010. "The Living Wage: Reducing inequality in the UK?," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 239, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Skare, Marinko, 2010. "Can there be a 'golden triangle' of internal equilibrium?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 562-573, July.
More about this item
KeywordsCost-Push inflation; Inflation Target System; Functional Income Distribution; Brazilian Economy;
All these keywords.
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2016-10-23 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAM-2016-10-23 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MAC-2016-10-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2016-10-23 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:sraffa:0014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Saverio M. Fratini). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/sraffit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.