Property Tax Salience and Payment Delinquency
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gamage, David & Shanske, Darien, 2011. "Three Essays On Tax Salience: Market Salience and Political Salience," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt8gf0b1cj, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Congdon, William J. & Kling, Jeffrey R. & Mullainathan, Sendhil, 2009. "Behavioral Economics and Tax Policy," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association;National Tax Journal, vol. 62(3), pages 375-386, September.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009.
"Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1145-1177, September.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2007. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 13330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Looney, Adam & Kroft, Kory & Chetty, Raj, 2009. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," Scholarly Articles 9748525, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009. "Salience and taxation: theory and evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- S. Dellavigna., 2011.
"Psychology and Economics: Evidence from the Field,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 5.
- Stefano DellaVigna, 2009. "Psychology and Economics: Evidence from the Field," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(2), pages 315-372, June.
- S. Dellavigna., 2011. "Psychology and Economics: Evidence from the Field," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 4.
- Kenneth P. Brevoort & Cheryl R. Cooper, 2013.
"Foreclosure's Wake: The Credit Experiences of Individuals Following Foreclosure,"
Real Estate Economics,
American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 41(4), pages 747-792, December.
- Kenneth P. Brevoort & Cheryl R. Cooper, 2010. "Foreclosure's wake: the credit experiences of individuals following foreclosure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-59, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- O'Sullivan,Arthur & Sexton,Terri A. & Sheffrin,Steven M., 2007. "Property Taxes and Tax Revolts," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521035996.
- Marika Cabral & Caroline Hoxby, 2012. "The Hated Property Tax: Salience, Tax Rates, and Tax Revolts," NBER Working Papers 18514, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amy Finkelstein, 2009. "E-ztax: Tax Salience and Tax Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 969-1010.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Alm & Timothy R. Hodge & Gary Sands & Mark Skidmore, 2015. "Detroit Property Tax Delinquency---Social Contract in Crisis," Working Papers 1508, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Alm, James & Hodge, Timothy R. & Sands, Gary & Skidmore, Mark, 2014. "Property Tax Delinquency - Social Contract in Crisis: The Case of Detroit," Working Paper Series 3149, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- James Alm & Carolyn J. Bourdeaux, 2013.
"Applying Behavioral Economics to the Public Sector,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 206(3), pages 91-134, September.
- James Alm & Carolyn J. Bourdeaux, 2014. "Applying Behavioral Economics to the Public Sector," Working Papers 1405, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsproperty taxes; delinquency; default; tax salience; limited attention;
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2013-07-28 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-PUB-2013-07-28 (Public Finance)
- NEP-URE-2013-07-28 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:drxlwp:2012_009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard C. Barnett). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbdreus.html .