Institutions for Asian Integration: Innovation and Reform
The formation of regional production networks in East Asia has occurred mainly through market forces, without much help from regional institutions in promoting the creation of a single Asian market. While this approach has served the region well in the past, the drastic changes experienced since the 2008–2009 financial crisis and the challenges Asian countries are facing—growing inequalities and competition, on the one hand, and enhanced threats to the environment and people’s health on the other—have rendered more urgent the need for intergovernmental cooperation at global and regional levels. Asia’s institutions for regionalism need strengthening through reform and innovation.
|Date of creation:||21 Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kasumigaseki Building 8F, 3-2-5, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-6008, Japan|
Fax: (81-3) 3593-5571
Web page: http://www.adbi.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kawai, Masahiro & Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2011. "Asian FTAs: Trends, prospects and challenges," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Kawai, Masahiro, 2009.
"Reform of the International Financial Architecture: An Asian Perspective,"
ADBI Working Papers
167, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Masahiro Kawai, 2010. "Reform Of The International Financial Architecture: An Asian Perspective," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 55(01), pages 207-242.
- Masahiro Kawai, 2010. "Reform of the International Financial Architecture: An Asian Perspective," Working Papers id:3066, eSocialSciences.
- Baldwin, Richard E., 2007.
"Managing the Noodle Bowl: The Fragility of East Asian Regionalism,"
Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration
7, Asian Development Bank.
- Richard E. Baldwin, 2008. "Managing The Noodle Bowl: The Fragility Of East Asian Regionalism," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 53(03), pages 449-478.
- Baldwin, Richard, 2006. "Managing the Noodle Bowl: The Fragility of East Asian Regionalism," CEPR Discussion Papers 5561, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Donald J. Puchala, 1999. "Institutionalism, Intergovernmentalism and European Integration: A Review Article," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 317-331, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbiwp:0375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marc Benger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.