Job Creation and the Role of Dependencies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994.
"Monetary Policy, Business Cycles, and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(2), pages 309-340.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1991. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," NBER Working Papers 3892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1992. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers 92-08, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Gertler, M. & Gilchrist, S., 1993. "Monetary Policy, Business Cycles and the Behavior of Small Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers 93-02, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1993. "Monetary policy, business cycles and the behavior of small manufacturing firms," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-4, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Giuseppe Moscarini & Fabien Postel-Vinay, 2012.
"The Contribution of Large and Small Employers to Job Creation in Times of High and Low Unemployment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(6), pages 2509-2539, October.
- Giuseppe Moscarini & Fabien Postel-Vinay, 2012. "The Contribution of Large and Small Employers to Job Creation in Times of High and Low Unemployment," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/59cr4u3mmr9, Sciences Po.
- Michael Anyadike-Danes & Carl-Magnus Bjuggren & Sandra Gottschalk & Werner Hölzl & Dan Johansson & Mika Maliranta & Anja Myrann, 2015.
"An international cohort comparison of size effects on job growth,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 821-844, April.
- Anyadike-Danes, Michael & Bjuggren, Carl-Magnus & Gottschalk, Sandra & Hölzl, Werner & Johansson, Dan & Maliranta, Mika & Myrann, Anja, 2014. "An international cohort comparison of size effects on job growth," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-102, ZEW - Leibniz-Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung GmbH Mannheim / Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Anyadike-Danes, Michael & Bjuggren, Carl Magnus & Gottschalk, Sandra & Hölzl, Werner & Johansson, Dan & Maliranta, Mika & Myrann, Anja, 2014. "An International Cohort Comparison of Size Effects on Job Growth," Working Paper Series 1019, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 30 Nov 2014.
- Roberta Distante & Ivan Petrella & Emiliano Santoro, 2014. "Size, Age and the Growth of Firms: New Evidence from Quantile Regressions," Working Papers 2014.69, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Criscuolo, Chiara & Gal, Peter N. & Menon, Carlo, 2014.
"The dynamics of employment growth: new evidence from 18 countries,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
60286, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Chiara Criscuolo & Peter N. Gal & Carlo Menon, 2014. "The Dynamics of Employment Growth: New Evidence from 18 Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp1274, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Chiara Criscuolo & Peter N. Gal & Carlo Menon, 2014. "The Dynamics of Employment Growth: New Evidence from 18 Countries," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Policy Papers 14, OECD Publishing.
- Alain Gabler & Markus Poschke, 2013.
"Experimentation by Firms, Distortions, and Aggregate Productivity,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(1), pages 26-38, January.
- Markus Poschke & Alain Gabler, 2012. "Code and data files for "Experimentation by Firms, Distortions, and Aggregate Productivity," Computer Codes 11-62, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Davis, Steven J & Haltiwanger, John & Schuh, Scott, 1996.
"Small Business and Job Creation: Dissecting the Myth and Reassessing the Facts,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 297-315, August.
- Steven J. Davis & John Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1993. "Small Business and Job Creation: Dissecting the Myth and Reassessing theFacts," NBER Working Papers 4492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xavier Gabaix, 2011. "The Granular Origins of Aggregate Fluctuations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(3), pages 733-772, May.
- John Haltiwanger & Ron S. Jarmin & Javier Miranda, 2013. "Who Creates Jobs? Small versus Large versus Young," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(2), pages 347-361, May.
- Gerrit Wit & Jan Kok, 2014.
"Do small businesses create more jobs? New evidence for Europe,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 283-295, February.
- Jan de Kok & Gerrit de Wit, 2013. "Do Small Businesses Create More Jobs? New Evidence for Europe," Scales Research Reports H201203, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Andrew McAfee & Michael Sorell & Feng Zhu, 2007. "Scale without mass: business process replication and industry dynamics," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fornaro, Paolo & Luomaranta, Henri, 2017. "Small and Medium Firms, Aggregate Productivity and the Role of Dependencies," ETLA Working Papers 47, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
More about this item
KeywordsDependencies; firm size; firm age; employment creation;
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2016-10-23 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2016-10-23 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAB-2016-10-23 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2016-10-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SBM-2016-10-23 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rif:wpaper:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etlaafi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.