Deepwater Drilling: Law, Policy, and Economics of Firm Organization and Safety
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cohen, Mark A, 1987. "Optimal Enforcement Strategy to Prevent Oil Spills: An Application of a Principal-Agent Model with Moral Hazard," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 23-51, April.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M & Lott, John R, Jr & Wehrly, Eric W, 2005. "The Reputational Penalties for Environmental Violations: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(2), pages 653-675, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krupnick, Alan & Campbell, Sarah & Cohen, Mark A. & Parry, Ian W.H., 2011. "Understanding the Costs and Benefits of Deepwater Oil Drilling Regulation," Discussion Papers dp-10-62, Resources For the Future.
- Lucija Muehlenbachs & Stefan Staubli & Mark A. Cohen, 2016.
"The Impact of Team Inspections on Enforcement and Deterrence,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 159-204.
- Muehlenbachs, Lucija Anna & Staubli, Stefan & Cohen, Mark A., 2013. "The Impact of Team Inspections on Enforcement and Deterrence," Discussion Papers dp-13-36-rev2, Resources For the Future.
- Kuwayama, Yusuke & Roeshot, Skyler & Krupnick, Alan & Richardson, Nathan & Mares, Jan, 2017. "Risks and mitigation options for on-site storage of wastewater from shale gas and tight oil development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 582-593.
More about this item
KeywordsDeepwater Horizon; BP oil spill; safety culture; government policy; liability caps; financial responsibility; insurance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2011-01-30 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2011-01-30 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-10-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.