Recursive equilibrium in stochastic OLG economies
We prove generic existence of recursive equilibrium for overlapping generations economies with uncertainty. The result holds provided there is sufficient intragenerational household heterogeneity.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Nachbar, John H., 1991. "On the finiteness of the number of critical equilibria, with an application to random selections," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 397-409.
- John Geanakoplos & Michael Magill & Martine Quinzii, 2002.
"Demography and the Long-run Predictability of the Stock Market,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1380R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 2004.
- Author-Name: John Geanakoplos & Michael Magill & Martine Quinzii, 2004. "Demography and the Long-Run Predictability of the Stock Market," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 35(1), pages 241-326.
- John Geanakoplos & Michael Magill & Martine Quinzii, 2002. "Demography and the Long-run Predictability of the Stock Market," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1380, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Cass, David & Green, Richard C & Spear, Stephen E, 1992. "Stationary Equilibria with Incomplete Markets and Overlapping Generations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(3), pages 495-512, August.
- George M. Constantinides & John B. Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, 2002.
"Junior Can't Borrow: A New Perspective on the Equity Premium Puzzle,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 269-296.
- Constantinides, G.M. & Donalson, J.B. & Mehra, R., 1997. "Junior Can't Borrow: A New Perspective on the Equity Premium Puzzle," Papers 97-24, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- George M. Constantinides & John B. Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, "undated". "Junior Can't borrow: A New Perspective on the Equity Premium Puzzle."," CRSP working papers 457, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- George M. Constantinidies & John B. Donaldson & Rajnish Mehra, 1998. "Junior Can't Borrow: A New Perspective on the Equity Premium Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 6617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2005. "Approximate versus Exact Equilibria in Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1205-1235, 07.
- Felix Kubler & Herakles Polemarchakis, 2004. "Stationary Markov equilibria for overlapping generations," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(3), pages 623-643, October.
- Spear, Stephen E. & Srivastava, Sanjay, 1986. "Markov rational expectations equilibria in an overlapping generations model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 35-62, February.
- Balasko, Yves & Shell, Karl, 1980. "The overlapping-generations model, I: The case of pure exchange without money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 281-306, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed007:777. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.