Unsecured Credit and Self-Employment
by shifting borrowing away from younger and poorer households, to older, richer ones. In sum, strict limits to liability impede credit markets, and do so in a way that is quite regressive.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan Carlos Cordoba, 2005. "U.S. Inequality: Debt Constraints or Incomplete Markets?," 2005 Meeting Papers 235, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Galina Vereshchagina & Hugo A. Hopenhayn, 2009.
"Risk Taking by Entrepreneurs,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(5), pages 1808-30, December.
- Mark Huggett & Gustavo Ventura, 1995.
"Understanding why high income households save more than low income households,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
106, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Huggett, Mark & Ventura, Gustavo, 2000. "Understanding why high income households save more than low income households," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 361-397, April.
- Mark Huggett & Gustavo Ventura, 1997. "Understanding Why High Income Households Save More Than Low Income Households," Working Papers 9701, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Yaz Terajima, 2005. "Education and Self-Employment: Relationships between Earnings and Wealth Inequality," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 423, Society for Computational Economics.
- Athreya, Kartik B. & Simpson, Nicole B., 2006.
"Unsecured debt with public insurance: From bad to worse,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 797-825, May.
- Kartik B. Athreya & Nicole B. Simpson, 2004. "Unsecured debt with public insurance : from bad to worse," Working Paper 03-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Igor Livshits & James MacGee & Michele Tertilt, 2003.
"Consumer bankruptcy: a fresh start,"
617, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ana M. Aizcorbe & Arthur B. Kennickell & Kevin B. Moore, 2003. "Recent changes in U.S. family finances: evidence from the 1998 and 2001 Survey of Consumer Finances," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 1-32.
- Erik Hurst & Annamaria Lusardi, 2004. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(2), pages 319-347, April.
- Pavan, Marina, 2008.
"Consumer durables and risky borrowing: The effects of bankruptcy protection,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(8), pages 1441-1456, November.
- Marina Pavan, 2003. "Consumer Durables and Risky Borrowing: the Effects of Bankruptcy Protection," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 573, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 May 2005.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Harry A. Krashinsky, 2012.
"Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship Revisited,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3784, CESifo Group Munich.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Harry A. Krashinsky, 2012. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, And Entrepreneurship Revisited," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 58(2), pages 279-306, 06.
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Krashinsky, Harry A., 2011. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship Revisited," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt6hv0m2q6, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Fairlie, Robert W. & Krashinsky, Harry A., 2006. "Liquidity Constraints, Household Wealth, and Entrepreneurship Revisited," IZA Discussion Papers 2201, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Huggett, Mark, 1993. "The risk-free rate in heterogeneous-agent incomplete-insurance economies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(5-6), pages 953-969.
- Yaz Terajima & Cesaire Meh, 2005. "Housing, Personal Bankruptcy, Entrepreneurship," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 415, Society for Computational Economics.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Dean Corbae & Makoto Nakajima & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 2007.
"A quantitative theory of unsecured consumer credit with risk of default,"
07-16, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Dean Corbae & Makoto Nakajima & José-Víctor Ríos-Rull, 2007. "A Quantitative Theory of Unsecured Consumer Credit with Risk of Default," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(6), pages 1525-1589, November.
- Satyajit Chatterjee & Dean Corbae & Makoto Nakajima & Jose-Victor Rios-Rull, 2002. "A Quantitative Theory of Unsecured Consumer Credit with Risk of Default," Centro de Altisimos Estudios Rios Pe©rez(CAERP) 2, Centro de Altisimos Estudios Rios Perez (CAERP).
- Stefan Krasa & Tridib Sharma & Anne Villamil, 2008. "Bankruptcy and firm finance," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 239-266, August.
- William M. Gentry & R. Glenn Hubbard, 2000. "Entrepreneurship and Household Saving," NBER Working Papers 7894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valery Polkovnichenko, 2003. "Human Capital and the Private Equity Premium," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(4), pages 831-845, October.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-35, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed007:49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.