Soil resource, at the core of competitiveness and sustainability issues in agriculture: an economic approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michel Petit, 1999. "Point de vue. Pressions sur la PAC. Peut-on prévoir son avenir sur la base de l'interprétation du passé ?," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 250(1), pages 47-50.
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- repec:bla:agecon:v:25:y:2000:i:1:p:13-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Segarra, Eduardo & Taylor, Daniel B., 1987.
"Farm Level Dynamic Analysis Of Soil Conservation: An Application To The Piedmont Area Of Virginia,"
Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(2), pages 1-13, December.
- Segarra, Eduardo & Taylor, Daniel B., 1987. "Farm Level Dynamic Analysis of Soil Conservation: An Application to the Piedmont Area of Virginia," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 61-73, December.
- Yirga, Chillot & Hassan, Rashid M., 2010. "Social costs and incentives for optimal control of soil nutrient depletion in the central highlands of Ethiopia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 153-160, March.
- Smith, Elwin G. & Lerohl, Mel L. & Messele, Teklay & Janzen, H. Henry, 2000. "Soil Quality Attribute Time Paths: Optimal Levels And Values," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-18, July.
- V. Eldon Ball & Jean‐Pierre Butault & Carlos San Juan & Ricardo Mora, 2010. "Productivity and international competitiveness of agriculture in the European Union and the United States," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(6), pages 611-627, November.
- Anne-Véronique Auzet & Marie-Claude Guerrini & Tatiana Muxart, 1992. "L'agriculture et l'érosion des sols : importance en France de l'érosion liée aux pratiques agricoles," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 208(1), pages 105-110.
- Kamel Louhichi & Guillermo Flichman & Slim Zekri, 1999. "Un modèle bio-économique pour analyser l'impact de la politique de conservation des eaux et du sol. [Le cas d'une exploitation agricole tunisienne]," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 252(1), pages 55-64.
- Belcher, K. W. & Boehm, M. M. & Fulton, M. E., 2004. "Agroecosystem sustainability: a system simulation model approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 225-241, February.
- Kenneth E. McConnell, 1983. "An Economic Model of Soil Conservation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 65(1), pages 83-89.
- Kim, Kwansoo & Barham, Bradford L. & Coxhead, Ian, 2001.
"Measuring soil quality dynamics: A role for economists, and implications for economic analysis,"
Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 13-26, June.
- Kwansoo Kim & Bradford L. Barham & Ian Coxhead, 2000. "Measuring soil quality dynamics A role for economists, and implications for economic analysis," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 25(1), pages 13-26, June.
- Vatn, Arild & Bakken, Lars & Botterweg, Peter & Romstad, Eirik, 1999. "ECECMOD: an interdisciplinary modelling system for analyzing nutrient and soil losses from agriculture," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 189-206, August.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1990. "The Farm-Level Economics of Soil Conservation: The Uplands of Java," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 199-211.
- Hediger, Werner, 2003. "Sustainable farm income in the presence of soil erosion: an agricultural Hartwick rule," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 221-236, June.
- Gómez-Limón, José A. & Sanchez-Fernandez, Gabriela, 2010. "Empirical evaluation of agricultural sustainability using composite indicators," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1062-1075, March.
- Saliba, B. Colby, 1985. "Soil Productivity And Farmers' Erosion Control Incentives--A Dynamic Modeling Approach," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 10(2), pages 1-11, December.
More about this item
Keywordssoil quality; sustainability; competitiveness; endogenous production factor;
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-02-04 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2016-02-04 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENV-2016-02-04 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rae:wpaper:201601. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christine Mesquida). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inrarfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.