Children Malnutrition and Horizontal Inequalities in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Focus on Contrasting Domestic Trajectories
Over the past two decades Sub-Saharan African countries have experienced accelerated economic growth. This positive trend represents a huge opportunity to improve the living standards of millions of Africans and foster inclusive and sustainable development. At the regional level however, such improvements do not seem to have translated into higher human development. Child malnutrition indicators in particular have registered some relatively limited advances. This paper contributes to the literature by providing a more accurate and nuanced view on the progress made with regards to child malnutrition and inequalities across Sub-Saharan Africa.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: One United Nations Plaza, New York, New York 10017|
Web page: http://www.africa.undp.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Sebastian Vollmer, 2013. "Economic Growth and Child Undernutrition in sub-Saharan Africa," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 39(3), pages 397-412, 09.
- Gabriele, Alberto & Schettino, Francesco, 2007. "Child Malnutrition and Mortality in Developing Countries: Evidence from a Cross-Country Analysis," MPRA Paper 3132, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2007.
- Benson, Todd, 2008. "Improving nutrition as a development priority: Addressing undernutrition in national policy processes in Sub-Saharan Africa," Research reports 156, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Sebastian Vollmer, 2012.
"Economic Growth and Child Undernutrition in Africa,"
UNDP Africa Policy Notes
2012-013, United Nations Development Programme, Regional Bureau for Africa.
- Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Vollmer, Sebastian, 2012. "Economic Growth and Child Undernutrition in Africa," Discussion Papers 130164, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rac:wpaper:2012-019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (James Neuhaus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.