Why economic theory has little to say about the causes and effects of inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amitava Dutt, 2012. "Distributional dynamics in Post Keynesian growth models," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 431-452.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Galor, Oded, 2000.
"Income distribution and the process of development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 706-712, May.
- Oded Galor, 2000. "Income Distribution and the Process of Development," Working Papers 2000-21, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Andrew E. Clark & Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2008.
"Relative Income, Happiness, and Utility: An Explanation for the Easterlin Paradox and Other Puzzles,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(1), pages 95-144, March.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Frijters, Paul & Shields, Michael A., 2007. "Relative Income, Happiness and Utility: An Explanation for the Easterlin Paradox and Other Puzzles," IZA Discussion Papers 2840, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark & Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2008. "Relative income, happiness, and utility: An explanation for the Easterlin paradox and other puzzles," Post-Print halshs-00754299, HAL.
- John Foster, 2005. "From simplistic to complex systems in economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(6), pages 873-892, November.
- John Foster, 2006. "Why Is Economics Not a Complex Systems Science?," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 1069-1091, December.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Inequality, evolution & complexity
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-03-22 20:04:39
- 'Inequality, Evolution, & Complexity'
by Mark Thoma in Economist's View on 2013-03-22 22:59:55
- Are economists really uneasy about studying inequality?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2013-04-03 19:30:00
- Corrupting Piketty in the 21st Century
by Lambert Strether in Naked Capitalism on 2014-04-24 09:55:14
- Cameron Murray â€” Corrupting Piketty in the 21st century
by Tom Hickey in Mike Norman Economics on 2014-04-25 05:02:00
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:476. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .