Why economic theory has little to say about the causes and effects of inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Amitava Dutt, 2012. "Distributional dynamics in Post Keynesian growth models," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 431-452.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Galor, Oded, 2000.
"Income distribution and the process of development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 706-712, May.
- Oded Galor, 2000. "Income Distribution and the Process of Development," Working Papers 2000-21, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Andrew E. Clark & Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2008.
"Relative Income, Happiness, and Utility: An Explanation for the Easterlin Paradox and Other Puzzles,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(1), pages 95-144, March.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Frijters, Paul & Shields, Michael A., 2007. "Relative Income, Happiness and Utility: An Explanation for the Easterlin Paradox and Other Puzzles," IZA Discussion Papers 2840, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark & Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2008. "Relative income, happiness, and utility: An explanation for the Easterlin paradox and other puzzles," Post-Print halshs-00754299, HAL.
- John Foster, 2005. "From simplistic to complex systems in economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(6), pages 873-892, November.
- John Foster, 2006. "Why Is Economics Not a Complex Systems Science?," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(4), pages 1069-1091, December.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Inequality, evolution & complexity
by chris dillow in Stumbling and Mumbling on 2013-03-22 20:04:39
- 'Inequality, Evolution, & Complexity'
by Mark Thoma in Economist's View on 2013-03-22 22:59:55
- Are economists really uneasy about studying inequality?
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2013-04-03 19:30:00
- Corrupting Piketty in the 21st Century
by Lambert Strether in Naked Capitalism on 2014-04-24 09:55:14
- Cameron Murray â€” Corrupting Piketty in the 21st century
by Tom Hickey in Mike Norman Economics on 2014-04-25 05:02:00
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:476. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.