Understanding the causes of income inequality in complex economic systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Corso, G. & Lucena, L.S. & Thomé, Z.D., 2003. "The small-world of economy: a speculative proposal," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 430-436.
- Williamson, Oliver, 2009.
"The Theory of the Firm as Governance Structure: From Choice to Contract,"
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 6, pages 111-134, December.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2002. "The Theory of the Firm as Governance Structure: From Choice to Contract," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 171-195, Summer.
- Sheri M. Markose, 2005. "Computability and Evolutionary Complexity: Markets as Complex Adaptive Systems (CAS)," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(504), pages 159-192, June.
- Hausman, Daniel M, 1989. "Economic Methodology in a Nutshell," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 115-127, Spring.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Dopfer,Kurt (ed.), 2005. "The Evolutionary Foundations of Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521621991.
- Matthew Rabin, 1998.
"Psychology and Economics,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 11-46, March.
- Matthew Rabin., 1997. "Psychology and Economics," Economics Working Papers 97-251, University of California at Berkeley.
- Rabin, Matthew, 1997. "Psychology and Economics," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8jd5z5j2, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- repec:wsi:acsxxx:v:12:y:2009:i:04n05:n:s0219525909002337 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stuart McDonald & Mohamad Alghamdi & Bernard Pailthorpe, 2012. "The Emergence of a Small World in a Network of Research Joint Ventures," Discussion Papers Series 469, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Frank Schweitzer & Giorgio Fagiolo & Didier Sornette & Fernando Vega-Redondo & Douglas R. White, 2009.
"Economic Networks: What Do We Know And What Do We Need To Know?,"
Advances in Complex Systems (ACS),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(04n05), pages 407-422.
- Frank Schweitzer & Giorgio Fagiolo & Didier Sornette & Fernando Vega-Redondo & Douglas R. White, "undated". "Economic Networks: What do we know and what do we need to know?," Working Papers CCSS-09-010, ETH Zurich, Chair of Systems Design.
- John Foster, 2005. "From simplistic to complex systems in economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(6), pages 873-892, November.
- Earl, Peter E, 1990. "Economics and Psychology: A Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(402), pages 718-755, September.
- Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 2002. "Evolutionary Theorizing in Economics," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(2), pages 23-46, Spring.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Jeong-Yoo Kim & Hang-Hyun Jo, 2010. "A signalling explanation for preferential attachment in the evolution of social networks," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 375-393, June.
- Foster, John, 1993. "Economics and the Self-Organisation Approach: Alfred Marshall Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(419), pages 975-991, July.
- Daniel Kahneman, 2003. "Maps of Bounded Rationality: Psychology for Behavioral Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1449-1475, December.
- Peter Earl & Tim Wakeley, 2010. "Alternative perspectives on connections in economic systems," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 163-183, April.
- Mary Gregory & Miriam Beblo & Wiemer Salverda & Ioannis Theodossiou, 2009. "Introduction," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 61(suppl_1), pages 1-10, April.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Brian W. Rogers, 2007. "Meeting Strangers and Friends of Friends: How Random Are Social Networks?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 890-915, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Periklis Gogas & Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller & Theophilos Papadimitriou & Georgios Antonios Sarantitis, 2015.
"Income Inequality: A State-by-State Complex Network Analysis,"
201534, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Periklis Gogas & Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller & Theophilos Papadimitriou & Georgios Antonios Sarantitis, 2016. "Income Inequality: A State-by-State Complex Network Analysis," Working papers 2016-18, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Gogas, Periklis & Gupta, Rangan & Miller, Stephen & Papadimitriou, Theophilos & Sarantitis, Georgios, 2016. "Income Inequality: A State-by-State Complex Network Analysis," DUTH Research Papers in Economics 2-2016, Democritus University of Thrace, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:483:y:2017:i:c:p:423-437 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lapatinas Athanasios, 2014. "Understanding Voting Behaviour in Complex Political Systems," Mathematical Economics Letters, De Gruyter, vol. 2(3-4), pages 1-7, November.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:57:y:2019:i:2:p:953-971 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LTV-2013-05-22 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qld:uq2004:478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SOE IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decuqau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.