Sheltering Corporate Assets from Political Extraction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lorenzo Caprio & Mara Faccio & John J. McConnell, 2013. "Sheltering Corporate Assets from Political Extraction," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 332-354, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johnson, Simon & Kaufmann, Daniel & McMillan, John & Woodruff, Christopher, 2000.
"Why do firms hide? Bribes and unofficial activity after communism,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 495-520, June.
- Johnson, Simon & McMillan, John & Woodruff, Christopher, 1999. "Why do Firms Hide? Bribes and Unofficial Activity After Communism," CEPR Discussion Papers 2105, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Simon Johnson & Daniel Kaufmann & John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 2003. "Why Do Firms Hide? Bribes and Unofficial Activity after Communism," Public Economics 0308004, EconWPA.
- Dittmar, Amy & Mahrt-Smith, Jan & Servaes, Henri, 2003. "International Corporate Governance and Corporate Cash Holdings," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 111-133, March.
- Beata K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
7969, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beate K. Smarzynska & Shang-Jin Wei, 2001. "Corruption and Composition of Foreign Direct Investment: Firm-Level Evidence," CID Working Papers 60A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Mo, Pak Hung, 2001. "Corruption and Economic Growth," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 66-79, March.
- Bliss, Christopher & Di Tella, Rafael, 1997. "Does Competition Kill Corruption?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(5), pages 1001-1023, October.
- Jay Pil Choi & Marcel Thum, 2005.
"Corruption And The Shadow Economy,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(3), pages 817-836, August.
- Jay Pil Choi & Marcel Thum, 2002. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 633, CESifo Group Munich.
- Choi, Jay Pil & Thum, Marcel, 2003. "Corruption and the shadow economy," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 02/03, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Clarke, George R. G. & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2004. "Privatization, competition, and corruption: how characteristics of bribe takers and payers affect bribes to utilities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 2067-2097, August.
- Fan, Joseph P. H. & Morck, Randall & Lixin Colin Xu & Yeung, Bernard, 2007. "Does"good government"draw foreign capital ? Explaining China's exceptional foreign direct investment inflow," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4206, The World Bank.
- Kim, Chang-Soo & Mauer, David C. & Sherman, Ann E., 1998. "The Determinants of Corporate Liquidity: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(03), pages 335-359, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco Botta & Luca Colombo, 2016. "Macroeconomic and Institutional Determinants of Capital Structure Decisions," DISCE - Working Papers del Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza def038, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Chen, Deqiu & Li, Sifei & Xiao, Jason Zezhong & Zou, Hong, 2014. "The effect of government quality on corporate cash holdings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 384-400.
- Denis, David J., 2011. "Financial flexibility and corporate liquidity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 667-674, June.
- Feng, Xunan & Johansson, Anders C., 2014.
"Escaping political extraction: Political participation, institutions, and cash holdings in China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 98-112.
- Feng, Xunan & Johansson, Anders C., 2011. "Escaping Political Extraction: Political Participation, Institutions, and Cash Holdings in China," Working Paper Series 2011-18, Stockholm School of Economics, China Economic Research Center.
- Li, Xiaorong & Chan, Kam C., 2016. "Communist party control and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 5-7.
- Sokolov, Vladimir & Solanko, Laura, 2016.
"Political influence, firm performance and survival,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
20/2016, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Vladimir Sokolov & Laura Solanko, 2017. "Political Influence, Firm Performance and Survival," HSE Working papers WP BRP 60/FE/2017, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Xu, Nianhang & Chen, Qinyuan & Xu, Yan & Chan, Kam C., 2016. "Political uncertainty and cash holdings: Evidence from China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 276-295.
- Smith, Jared D., 2016. "US political corruption and firm financial policies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 350-367.
- Boubakri, Narjess & El Ghoul, Sadok & Saffar, Walid, 2014. "Political rights and equity pricing," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 326-344.
- Amess, Kevin & Banerji, Sanjay & Lampousis, Athanasios, 2015. "Corporate cash holdings: Causes and consequences," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 421-433.
- Hamdi Ben-Nasr, 2015. "Government Ownership and Dividend Policy: Evidence from Newly Privatised Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5-6), pages 665-704, June.
- Guedhami, Omrane & Kwok, Chuck C.Y. & Shao, Liang, 2017. "Political freedom and corporate payouts," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 514-529.
- repec:eee:finana:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:87-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barbopoulos, Leonidas & Marshall, Andrew & MacInnes, Cameron & McColgan, Patrick, 2014. "Foreign direct investment in emerging markets and acquirers’ value gains," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 604-619.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:19-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boubakri, Narjess & El Ghoul, Sadok & Saffar, Walid, 2015. "Firm growth and political institutions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 104-125.
- La Rocca, Maurizio & Cambrea, Domenico Rocco & Cariola, Alfio, 2017. "The role of corruption in shaping the value of holding cash," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 104-108.
- Kusnadi, Yuanto & Yang, Zhifeng & Zhou, Yuxiao, 2015. "Institutional development, state ownership, and corporate cash holdings: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 351-359.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:29:y:2017:i:c:p:13-35 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:rcorpf:v:5:y:2016:i:1:p:102-138. is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pur:prukra:1240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Krannert PHD) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/kspurus.html .