The (Un-) Stable Relationship between The Exchange rate and its Fundamentals
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Carlo Altavilla, 2008. "The (UN-) stable relationship between the exchange rate and its fundamentals," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7), pages 539-544.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarno, Lucio, 2000. "Real exchange rate behavior in the Middle East: a re-examination," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 127-136, February.
- Kilian, Lutz & Taylor, Mark P., 2003.
"Why is it so difficult to beat the random walk forecast of exchange rates?,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 85-107, May.
- Kilian, Lutz & Taylor, Mark P, 2001. "Why is it so Difficult to Beat the Random Walk Forecast of Exchange Rates?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3024, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lutz Kilian & Mark P. Taylor, 2001. "Why Is It So Difficult to Beat the Random Walk Forecast of Exchange Rates?," Working Papers 464, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Lutz Kilian & Mark P. Taylor, 2001. "Why is it so difficult to beat the Random Walk Forecast of Exchange Rates?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 01-031/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kilian, Lutz & Taylor, Mark P., 2001. "Why is it so difficult to beat the random walk forecast of exchange rates?," Working Paper Series 0088, European Central Bank.
- Michael, Panos & Nobay, A Robert & Peel, David A, 1997.
"Transactions Costs and Nonlinear Adjustment in Real Exchange Rates: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 862-879, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Michael-Nobay-Peel ESTAR models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00113, Boston College Department of Economics.
- McNown, Robert & Wallace, Myles S, 1994. "Cointegration Tests of the Monetary Exchange Rate Model for Three High-Inflation Economies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(3), pages 396-411, August.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Pecchenino, Rowena A., 1991.
"The search for equilibrium relationships in international finance: the case of the monetary model,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 582-593, December.
- Baillie, R.T. & Pecchenino, R.A., 1991. "The Search for Equilibrium Relationships in International Finance : The Case of the Monetary Model," Papers 9003, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Baillie, Richard T. & Selover, David D., 1987. "Cointegration and models of exchange rate determination," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 43-51.
- Mark P. Taylor, 2005. "Official Foreign Exchange Intervention As A Coordinating Signal In The Dollar-Yen Market," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 73-82, February.
- Sarantis, Nicholas, 1999. "Modeling non-linearities in real effective exchange rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 27-45, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dal Bianco, Marcos & Camacho, Maximo & Perez Quiros, Gabriel, 2012.
"Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 377-396.
- Marcos dal Bianco & Maximo Camacho & Gabriel Perez-Quiros, 2012. "Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals," Working Papers 1203, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Maximo Camacho & Marcos Dal Bianco & Gabriel Perez Quiros, 2012. "Short-run forecasting of the euro-dollar exchange rate with economic fundamentals," Working Papers 1201, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Mylonidis, Nikolaos & Stamopoulou, Ioanna, 2011. "The role of monetary policy in managing the euro - dollar exchange rate," MPRA Paper 29291, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-linearity; Markov-switching Model; Fundamentals;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prt:dpaper:6_2006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonietta Milano). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isnavit.html .