Local Municipality Productive Efficiency and Its Determinants in South Africa
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Nara F Monkam, 2014. "Local municipality productive efficiency and its determinants in South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(2), pages 275-298, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harvey S. Rosen, 1997. "The Way We Were (And Are): Changes in Public Finance and Its Textbooks," NBER Working Papers 5972, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- VANDEN EECKAUT, Philippe & TULKENS, Henry & JAMAR, Marie-Astrid, 1993. "Cost efficiency in Belgian municipalities," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1033, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- repec:gig:joupla:v:1:y:2009:i:3:p:3-31 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Enrique J. Buch‐Gómez & Roberto Cabaleiro‐Casal, 2020. "Turnout, political strength, and cost efficiency in Spanish municipalities of the autonomous region of Galicia: Evidence from an alternative stochastic frontier approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(3), pages 533-553, June.
- Jugal Mahabir, 2014. "Quantifying Inefficient Expenditure in Local Government: A Free Disposable Hull Analysis of a Sample of South African Municipalities," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(4), pages 493-517, December.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno, 2019.
"Explaining Differences In Efficiency: A Meta‐Study On Local Government Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 999-1027, July.
- Aiello, Francesco & Bonanno, Graziella & Capristo, Luigi, 2018. "Explaining differences in efficiency. A meta-study on local government literature," MPRA Paper 88982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Isabel Narbón-Perpiñá & Kristof De Witte, 2016. "Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part I," Working Papers 2016/20, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno & Luigi Capristo, 2017. "Explaining Differences In Efficiency: The Case Of Local Government Literature," Working Papers 201704, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Mirjana Sejdini, 2014. "Towards Establishing Financial and Budget Indicators for Municipalities: Theoretical Approach," European Journal of Social Sciences Education and Research Articles, European Center for Science Education and Research, vol. 1, May-Augus.
- Isabel Narbón-Perpiñá & Kristof De Witte, 2016. "Local governments’ efficiency: A systematic literature review – Part II," Working Papers 2016/21, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
More about this item
KeywordsMunicipalities; spending efficiency; sub-national government finance; fiscal decentralization; DEA analysis; Tobit; SFA;
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-10-22 (Africa)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-EFF-2011-10-22 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-GEO-2011-10-22 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2011-10-22 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-10-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pre:wpaper:201120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rangan Gupta). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decupza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.