Budget Credibility of Subnational Governments: Analyzing the Fiscal Forecasting Errors of 28 States in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pina, Álvaro M. & Venes, Nuno M., 2011.
"The political economy of EDP fiscal forecasts: An empirical assessment,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 534-546, September.
- Álvaro Pina & Nuno Venes, 2007. "The Political Economy of EDP Fiscal Forecasts: An Empirical Assessment," Working Papers Department of Economics 2007/23, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Cassidy, Glenn & Kamlet, Mark S. & Nagin, Daniel S., 1989. "An empirical examination of bias in revenue forecasts by state governments," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 321-331.
- Chakraborty, Lekha & Sinha, Darshy, 2018. "Has Fiscal Rule changed the Fiscal Marksmanship of Union Government?," Working Papers 18/234, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Shrestha, Ruzel & Chakraborty, Lekha, 2019.
"Practising Subnational Public Finance in an Emerging Economy: Fiscal Marksmanship in Kerala,"
19/261, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Shreshtha, Ruzel & Chakraborty, Lekha S, 2019. "Practising Subnational Public Finance in an Emerging Economy: Fiscal Marksmanship in Kerala," MPRA Paper 93367, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bretschneider, Stuart I. & Gorr, Wilpen L. & Grizzle, Gloria & Klay, Earle, 1989. "Political and organizational influences on the accuracy of forecasting state government revenues," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 307-319.
- Michael Artis & Massimiliano Marcellino, 2001.
"Fiscal forecasting: The track record of the IMF, OECD and EC,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 4(1), pages 20-36.
- Artis, M. & Marcellino, M., 1999. "Fiscal Forecasting: the Track Record of the IMF, OECD and EC," Economics Working Papers eco99/22, European University Institute.
- Artis, Michael J & Marcellino, Massimiliano, 1999. "Fiscal Forecasting: the Track Record of the IMF, OECD, and EC," CEPR Discussion Papers 2206, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beetsma, Roel M. W. J. & Jensen, Henrik, 2004.
"Mark-up fluctuations and fiscal policy stabilization in a monetary union,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 357-376, June.
- Beetsma, Roel & Jensen, Henrik, 2003. "Mark-Up Fluctuations and Fiscal Policy Stabilization in a Monetary Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 4020, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Davis, J M, 1980. "Fiscal Marksmanship in the United Kingdom, 1951-78," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 48(2), pages 187-202, June.
- Luisa Giuriato & Alessandra Cepparulo & Matteo Barberi, 2016. "Fiscal forecasts and political systems: a legislative budgeting perspective," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 168(1), pages 1-22, July.
- Rathin Roy, 2015. "Finance Commission of Indiaâ€™s Assessments: A Political Economy Contention between Expectations and Outcomes," Working Papers id:6581, eSocialSciences.
- George Kopits, 2001. "Fiscal Rules; Useful Policy Framework or Unnecessary Ornament?," IMF Working Papers 01/145, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
Keywordsforecast errors; fiscal policies; fiscal forecasting; political economy; fiscal marksmanship;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- H6 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:95921. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.