Assessment of Economic Capital: An Equity Market approach
Assessment of individual bank’s need for economic capital will enable them to understand their actual solvency position for internal management of capital and evaluating the larger strategic issues like expanding or contracting its risk appetite to generate returns. This paper is an attempt to empirically demonstrate the process of estimating bank's mark to market measure of economic capital on an integrated basis. Such measure will help the bank as well as the regulator to understand the bank's solvency position on a regular basis. The top down approach followed in this paper will also assist the bank to measure Risk Adjusted Return on its entire business and examine its economic value addition on an integrated basis.
|Date of creation:||07 Feb 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnaud Jobert & Janet Kong & Jorge A Chan-Lau, 2004. "An Option-Based Approach to Bank Vulnerabilities in Emerging Markets," IMF Working Papers 04/33, International Monetary Fund.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Arindam Bandyopadhyay, 2007. "Mapping corporate drift towards default," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 46-55, January.
- Arindam Bandyopadhyay, 2007. "Mapping corporate drift towards default," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 35-45, January.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:9098. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.