Determinants of Registration of Unincorporated Enterprises under State Value Added Tax Act in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robin Boadway & Motohiro Sato, 2009.
"Optimal Tax Design and Enforcement with an Informal Sector,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Robin Boadway & Motohiro Sato, 2008. "Optimal Tax Design and Enforcement with an Informal Sector," Working Papers 1168, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- John Piggott & John Whalley, 2001.
"VAT Base Broadening, Self Supply, and the Informal Sector,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1084-1094, September.
- John Piggott & John Whalley, 1998. "VAT Base Broadening, Self Supply, and The Informal Sector," NBER Working Papers 6349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Áureo De Paula & José A. Scheinkman, 2011.
"The Informal Sector: An Equilibrium Model And Some Empirical Evidence From Brazil,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 8-26, May.
- Aureo de Paula & Jose A. Scheinkman, 2009. "The Informal Sector: An Equilibrium Model and Some Empirical Evidence from Brazil," PIER Working Paper Archive 09-044, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Dina Pomeranz, 2015.
"No Taxation without Information: Deterrence and Self-Enforcement in the Value Added Tax,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(8), pages 2539-2569, August.
- Dina Pomeranz, 2013. "No Taxation without Information: Deterrence and Self-Enforcement in the Value Added Tax," NBER Working Papers 19199, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anuradha Joshi & Wilson Prichard & Christopher Heady, 2014. "Taxing the Informal Economy: The Current State of Knowledge and Agendas for Future Research," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(10), pages 1325-1347, November.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2005.
"On selective indirect tax reform in developing countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 599-623, April.
- M. Shahe Emran & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002. "On Selective Indirect Tax Reform in Developing Countries," International Trade 0210003, EconWPA.
- Keen, Michael & Mintz, Jack, 2004. "The optimal threshold for a value-added tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 559-576, March.
- Alperen AGCA, 2015. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Turkey Case," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 1003857, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- McKenzie, David & Seynabou Sakho, Yaye, 2010.
"Does it pay firms to register for taxes? The impact of formality on firm profitability,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 15-24, January.
- McKenzie, David & Sakho, Yaye Seynabou, 2007. "Does It Pay Firms to Register for Taxes? The Impact of Formality on Firm Profitability," IZA Discussion Papers 3179, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- McKenzie, David & Sakho, Yaye Seynabou, 2007. "Does it pay firms to register for taxes ? the impact of formality on firm profitability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4449, The World Bank.
- Semih Tumen, 2017.
"Entrepreneurship in the shadows,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 25(2), pages 239-269, April.
- Semih Tumen, 2016. "Entrepreneurship in the Shadows: Wealth Constraints and Government Policy," Working Papers 1623, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Tumen, Semih, 2016. "Entrepreneurship in the Shadows: Wealth Constraints and Government Policy," IZA Discussion Papers 10324, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Julia Passabom Araujo & Mauro Rodrigues, 2015.
"Taxation, credit constraints and the informal economy,"
Working Papers, Department of Economics
2015_43, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Julia Passabom Araujo & Mauro Rodrigues, 2016. "Taxation, Credit Constraints And The Informal Economy," Anais do XLIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 43rd Brazilian Economics Meeting] 040, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Harvey, A C, 1976. "Estimating Regression Models with Multiplicative Heteroscedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(3), pages 461-465, May.
- Mukherjee, Sacchidananda & Rao, R. Kavita, 2015. "Factors Influencing Unincorporated Enterprises to Register under Value Added Tax (VAT): An Analysis with Enterprises Survey Data," Working Papers 15/145, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Áureo de Paula & Jose A. Scheinkman, 2010. "Value-Added Taxes, Chain Effects, and Informality," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 195-221, October.
- Keen, Michael & Smith, Stephen, 2006.
"VAT Fraud and Evasion: What Do We Know and What Can Be Done?,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 59(4), pages 861-887, December.
- Stephen C. Smith & Michael Keen, 2007. "VAT Fraud and Evasion; What Do We Know, and What Can be Done?," IMF Working Papers 07/31, International Monetary Fund.
- Demenet, Axel & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, François, 2016. "Do Informal Businesses Gain From Registration and How? Panel Data Evidence from Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 326-341.
- Keen, Michael, 2008.
"VAT, tariffs, and withholding: Border taxes and informality in developing countries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(10-11), pages 1892-1906, October.
- Michael Keen, 2007. "VAT, Tariffs, and Withholding; Border Taxes and Informality in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/174, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsTax Registration; Unincorporated Enterprises; Informality; Value Added Tax (VAT); Partnership Firms; Proprietary Enterprises; Probit Model; India.;
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H26 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Tax Evasion and Avoidance
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- L53 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Enterprise Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2017-09-17 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2017-09-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2017-09-17 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2017-09-17 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:81236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .