Trading activity and liquidity supply in a pure limit order book market: An empirical analysis using a multivariate count data model
In this paper we perform an empirical analysis of the trading process in a pure limit order book market, the Xetra system which operates at various European exchanges.We study how liquidity supply and demand as well as price volatility affect future trading activity and market resiliency, and discuss the results in the light of predictions implied by theoretical models of financial market microstructure. Parameter estimation and hypotheses testing is conducted using a new econometric methodology designed for the analysis of multivariate count processes.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Héléna Beltran-Lopez & Pierre Giot & Joachim Grammig, 2009.
"Commonalities in the order book,"
Financial Markets and Portfolio Management,
Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 23(3), pages 209-242, September.
- BELTRAN, Helena & GIOT, Pierre & GRAMMIG, Joachim, 2005. "Commonalities in the order book," CORE Discussion Papers 2005011, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Helena, BELTRAN & Pierre, GIOT & Joachim, GRAMMIG, 2005. "Commonalities in the order book," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005014, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Beltran-Lopez, Héléna & Giot, Pierre & Grammig, Joachim G., 2009. "Commonalities in the order book," CFR Working Papers 09-05, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Biais, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre & Spatt, Chester, 1995. " An Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book and the Order Flow in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1655-1689, December.
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Jang, Hasung & Park, Kyung Suh, 2003. "Traders' choice between limit and market orders: evidence from NYSE stocks," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 517-538, August.
- BAUWENS, Luc & HAUTSCH, Nikolaus, 2003. "Dynamic latent factor models for intensity processes," CORE Discussion Papers 2003103, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:8115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.