FDI and Terrorism in the developing Asian countries: A panel data analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Clements, Benedict & Bhattacharya, Rina & Chakravarti, Shamit, 2004. "Fiscal consequences of armed conflict and terrorism in low- and middle-income countries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 403-421, June.
- Kazunobu Hayakawa & Fukunari Kimura & Hyun-Hoon Lee, 2013.
"How Does Country Risk Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 51(1), pages 60-78, March.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Kimura, Fukunari & Lee, Hyun-Hoon, 2011. "How does country risk matter for foreign direct investment?," IDE Discussion Papers 281, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Kazunobu HAYAKAWA & Fukunari KIMURA & Hyun-Hoon LEE, 2012. "How Does Country Risk Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers DP-2012-03, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2010.
"Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 201-219, April.
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers 2008_26, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Ali, Fathi & Fiess, Norbert & MacDonald, Ronald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-34, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Christian Daude & Ernesto Stein, 2007. "The Quality Of Institutions And Foreign Direct Investment," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 317-344, November.
- Khan, Mashrur Mustaque & Akbar, Mashfique Ibne, 2013. "The Impact of Political Risk on Foreign Direct Investment," MPRA Paper 47283, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shah, Mumtaz Hussain & Faiz, Mehreen, 2015. "Terrorism and Foreign Direct Investment: An Empirical Analysis of SAARC Countries," MPRA Paper 82008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Ullah & Kazuo Inaba, 2014. "Liberalization and FDI Performance: Evidence from ASEAN and SAFTA Member Countries," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Omay Tolga & Araz-Takay Bahar & Eruygur Ayşegül & Kiliç Ilker, 2013. "The Effects of Terrorist Activities on Foreign Direct Investment: Nonlinear Evidence from Turkey," Review of Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 64(2), pages 139-158, August.
- Younas, Javed, 2009. "Does institutional quality affect capital mobility? Evidence from developing countries," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 207-223, August.
- Enders, Walter & Sandler, Todd, 1996. "Terrorism and Foreign Direct Investment in Spain and Greece," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 331-352.
- Sultan Mehmood, 2014.
"Terrorism and the macroeconomy: Evidence from Pakistan,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 509-534, October.
- Mehmood, Sultan, 2013. "Terrorism and the macroeconomy: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 44546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buchanan, Bonnie G. & Le, Quan V. & Rishi, Meenakshi, 2012. "Foreign direct investment and institutional quality: Some empirical evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 81-89.
- Abel Ebeh Ezeoha & John Okereke Ugwu, 2015. "Interactive Impact of Armed Conflicts on Foreign Direct Investments in Africa," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 27(4), pages 456-468, December.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; International Conflicts; Terrorism; developing countries; Asia;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:80945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.