FDI and Terrorism in the developing Asian countries: A panel data analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Clements, Benedict & Bhattacharya, Rina & Chakravarti, Shamit, 2004. "Fiscal consequences of armed conflict and terrorism in low- and middle-income countries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 403-421, June.
- Kazunobu Hayakawa & Fukunari Kimura & Hyun-Hoon Lee, 2013.
"How Does Country Risk Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 51(1), pages 60-78, March.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Kimura, Fukunari & Lee, Hyun-Hoon, 2011. "How does country risk matter for foreign direct investment?," IDE Discussion Papers 281, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Kazunobu HAYAKAWA & Fukunari KIMURA & Hyun-Hoon LEE, 2012. "How Does Country Risk Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers DP-2012-03, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2010.
"Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 201-219, April.
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers 2008_26, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Ali, Fathi & Fiess, Norbert & MacDonald, Ronald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-34, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Christian Daude & Ernesto Stein, 2007. "The Quality Of Institutions And Foreign Direct Investment," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 317-344, November.
- Khan, Mashrur Mustaque & Akbar, Mashfique Ibne, 2013. "The Impact of Political Risk on Foreign Direct Investment," MPRA Paper 47283, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shah, Mumtaz Hussain & Faiz, Mehreen, 2015. "Terrorism and Foreign Direct Investment: An Empirical Analysis of SAARC Countries," MPRA Paper 82008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Ullah & Kazuo Inaba, 2014. "Liberalization and FDI Performance: Evidence from ASEAN and SAFTA Member Countries," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 3(1), pages 1-24, December.
- Omay Tolga & Araz-Takay Bahar & Eruygur Ayşegül & Kiliç Ilker, 2013. "The Effects of Terrorist Activities on Foreign Direct Investment: Nonlinear Evidence from Turkey," Review of Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 64(2), pages 139-158, August.
- Younas, Javed, 2009. "Does institutional quality affect capital mobility? Evidence from developing countries," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 207-223, August.
- Enders, Walter & Sandler, Todd, 1996. "Terrorism and Foreign Direct Investment in Spain and Greece," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(3), pages 331-352.
- Sultan Mehmood, 2014.
"Terrorism and the macroeconomy: Evidence from Pakistan,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 509-534, October.
- Mehmood, Sultan, 2013. "Terrorism and the macroeconomy: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 44546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buchanan, Bonnie G. & Le, Quan V. & Rishi, Meenakshi, 2012. "Foreign direct investment and institutional quality: Some empirical evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 81-89.
- Abel Ebeh Ezeoha & John Okereke Ugwu, 2015. "Interactive Impact of Armed Conflicts on Foreign Direct Investments in Africa," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 27(4), pages 456-468, December.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; International Conflicts; Terrorism; developing countries; Asia;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F51 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Conflicts; Negotiations; Sanctions
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:80945. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .