Basic Results of the Multiregional Health Account for Germany - Validation of Indirect Effects of the Health Economy
The Multiregional Health Account is a methodological enhancement of the National Health Account and adds a subnational regional dimension to the latter. Both satellite accounts aim to quantify the contribution of the German health economy in terms of gross value added, employment and trade. Moreover, since they are based on supply and use tables and thus input-output tables of the national accounting system, both models allow input-output analysis for a more thorough evaluation of the national and multiregional health economy. The challenge addressed in this paper consists in questioning the reliability of the results from multiregional input-output analysis based on the Multiregional Health Account. This is necessary due to the circumstance that no official multiregional input-output tables are available for German federal states and we elaborated a new methodology to derive multiregional tables on our own. Hence, we conduct input-output analysis to evaluate the performance of the multiregional input-output table in modelling intra- and interregional interdependencies. We find that the model succeeds in reproducing certain regional characteristics.
|Date of creation:||May 2017|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Umed Temurshoev & Marcel P. Timmer, 2011.
"Joint estimation of supply and use tables,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(4), pages 863-882, November.
- Temurshoev, Umed, 2010. "Joint Estimation of Supply and Use Tables," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-116, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Schwärzler, Marion Cornelia & Kronenberg, Tobias, 2017. "Methodology of the Multiregional Health Account for Germany - An Iterative Algorithm-Based Multiregionalization Approach of Supply and Use Tables with Emphasis on Health," MPRA Paper 80712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- R. C. Jensen, 1980. "The Concept of Accuracy in Regional Input-Output Models," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 5(2), pages 139-154, August.
- Schwärzler, Marion Cornelia & Kronenberg, Tobias, 2017. "Application of the Multiregional Health Account for Germany - A financial equalization scheme to cope with lagging investments in German hospitals," MPRA Paper 80720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schwärzler, Marion Cornelia & Kronenberg, Tobias, 2016. "Methodology of the National Health Account for Germany - Database, compilation and results," MPRA Paper 73561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Semerak, Vilem & Zigic, Kresimir & Loizou, Efstratios & Golemanova-Kuhar, Antoaneta, 2010. "Regional input-output analysis: application on rural regions in Germany, the Czech Republic and Greece," 118th Seminar, August 25-27, 2010, Ljubljana, Slovenia 94904, European Association of Agricultural Economists. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:80719. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.