Basic Results of the Multiregional Health Account for Germany - Validation of Direct Effects of the Health Economy
The Multiregional Health Account is a satellite account focusing on the economic impact of the health economy in German federal states. It was developed as an enhancement of the existing National Health Account for Germany. In contrast to the subject of matter over here, the calculations of the National Health Account are based on available national supply and use tables. Since there are no according tables available for the German federal states, we developed a methodology, which allows to calculate supply and use tables at the subnational multiregional level. The present paper focusses on the results of the MRHA for the reason of a thorough validation procedure of the developed approach. We evaluate regional direct effects of the health economy by comparing derived characteristics with company data and evaluate the performance of the algorithm in a time series. We find that the elaborated approach shows reasonable results in both dimensions evaluated.
|Date of creation:||May 2017|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Umed Temurshoev & Marcel P. Timmer, 2011.
"Joint estimation of supply and use tables,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(4), pages 863-882, November.
- Temurshoev, Umed, 2010. "Joint Estimation of Supply and Use Tables," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-116, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Schwärzler, Marion Cornelia & Kronenberg, Tobias, 2017. "Methodology of the Multiregional Health Account for Germany - An Iterative Algorithm-Based Multiregionalization Approach of Supply and Use Tables with Emphasis on Health," MPRA Paper 80712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schwärzler, Marion Cornelia & Kronenberg, Tobias, 2016. "Methodology of the National Health Account for Germany - Database, compilation and results," MPRA Paper 73561, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- R. C. Jensen, 1980. "The Concept of Accuracy in Regional Input-Output Models," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 5(2), pages 139-154, August.
- Schwärzler, Marion Cornelia & Kronenberg, Tobias, 2017. "Application of the Multiregional Health Account for Germany - A financial equalization scheme to cope with lagging investments in German hospitals," MPRA Paper 80720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Semerak, Vilem & Zigic, Kresimir & Loizou, Efstratios & Golemanova-Kuhar, Antoaneta, 2010. "Regional input-output analysis: application on rural regions in Germany, the Czech Republic and Greece," 118th Seminar, August 25-27, 2010, Ljubljana, Slovenia 94904, European Association of Agricultural Economists. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:80717. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.