Joint estimation of supply and use tables
We propose a new biproportional method specifically designed for joint projection of Supply and Use tables (SUTs). In contrast to standard inputoutput techniques, this method does not require the availability of total outputs by product for the projection year(s), a condition which is not often met in practice. The algorithm, called the SUT-RAS method, jointly estimates SUTs that are immediately consistent. It is applicable to different settings of SUTs, such as the frameworks with basic prices and purchasers? prices, and a setting in which Use tables are separated into domestic and imported uses. Our empirical evaluations show that the SUT-RAS method performs quite well compared to widely used short-cut methods.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 90 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1056-8190|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lourens Broersma & Ton Van Moergastel, 2007. "A Shortcut Method for Generating Time Series of Input Data for Productivity Analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 277-293.
- Randall Jackson & Alan Murray, 2004. "Alternative Input-Output Matrix Updating Formulations," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 135-148.
- Louis De Mesnard & Miller Ronald E., 2006.
"A Note on added information in the RAS Procedure: reexamination of some evidence,"
- Louis de Mesnard & Ronald E. Miller, 2006. "A Note On Added Information In The Ras Procedure: Reexamination Of Some Evidence," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 517-528.
- Wenfeng Huang & Shintaro Kobayashi & Hajime Tanji, 2008. "Updating an Input-Output Matrix with Sign-preservation: Some Improved Objective Functions and their Solutions," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 111-123.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:presci:v:90:y:2011:i:4:p:863-882. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.