Effects of co-creation in a tourism destination brand image through twitter
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stepchenkova, Svetlana & Zhan, Fangzi, 2013. "Visual destination images of Peru: Comparative content analysis of DMO and user-generated photography," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 590-601.
- Chrysanthos Dellarocas, 2003. "The Digitization of Word of Mouth: Promise and Challenges of Online Feedback Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(10), pages 1407-1424, October.
- Xiang, Zheng & Gretzel, Ulrike, 2010. "Role of social media in online travel information search," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 179-188.
- Munar, Ana María & Jacobsen, Jens Kr. Steen, 2014. "Motivations for sharing tourism experiences through social media," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 46-54.
- Költringer, Clemens & Dickinger, Astrid, 2015. "Analyzing destination branding and image from online sources: A web content mining approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(9), pages 1836-1843.
- Muniz, Albert M, Jr & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 2001. " Brand Community," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 412-432, March.
- Zafiropoulos, Kostas & Vrana, Vasiliki & Antoniadis, Konstantinos, 2015. "Use of twitter and Facebook by top European museums," MPRA Paper 77408, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Nov 2015.
- Dellarocas, Chrysanthos, 2003. "The Digitization of Word-of-mouth: Promise and Challenges of Online Feedback Mechanisms," Working papers 4296-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Valeri, Marco, 2015. "Networking and cooperation practices in the Italian tourism business," MPRA Paper 77465, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 28 Apr 2016.
- Kietzmann, Jan H. & Hermkens, Kristopher & McCarthy, Ian P. & Silvestre, Bruno S., 2011. "Social media? Get serious! Understanding the functional building blocks of social media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 241-251, May.
- Illum, Steven F. & Ivanov, Stanislav H. & Liang, Yating, 2010. "Using virtual communities in tourism research," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 335-340.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Christou, Evangelos, 2016. "Destination branding and visitor brand loyalty: Evidence from mature tourism destinations in Greece," MPRA Paper 93897, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Volgger, Michael & Pechlaner, Harald & Pichler, Sabine, 2017. "The practice of destination governance: A comparative analysis of key dimensions and underlying concepts," MPRA Paper 87886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Temperini, Valerio & Gregori, Gian Luca & Pizzichini, Lucia, 2019. "E-learning as a marketing tool for Tour Operators. The ‘Go Academy’ case study," MPRA Paper 94075, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huang, Tzu-Wei (Arwen) & Tseng, Wan-Yu (Quentina) & Lin, Jing-Yao (Jerry) & Tay, Ching-Xiong (Dennis), 2017. "Investigating casino event management integration: The case of East and South Asia casinos," MPRA Paper 87915, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Almeyda-Ibáñez, Marta & George, Babu P., 2017. "The evolution of destination branding: A review of branding literature in tourism," MPRA Paper 87884, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula, 2017. "Modelling the impact of social media influencers on behavioural intentions of millennials: The case of tourism in rural areas in Greece," MPRA Paper 87916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pirnar, Ige & Kurtural, Sinem & Tutuncuoglu, Melih, 2019. "Festivals and destination marketing: An application from Izmir City," MPRA Paper 93520, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Del Chiappa, Giacomo & Balboni, Bernardo, 2019. "Travellers’ choice of information sources and information channels for domestic trips," MPRA Paper 93998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chenini, Abderrahim & Touaiti, Mustapha, 2017. "Building Destination Loyalty Using Tourist Satisfaction and Destination Image: A Holistic Conceptual Framework," MPRA Paper 90639, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 May 2018.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Christou, Evangelos & Simeli, Ioanna, 2017. "Delegate satisfaction from conference service quality and its impact on future behavioural intentions," MPRA Paper 93933, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mason, Michela Cesarina & Moretti, Andrea & Raggiotto, Francesco & Paggiaro, Adriano, 2019. "Conceptualizing triathlon sport event travelers’ behavior," MPRA Paper 94187, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Simeli, Ioanna, 2017. "Perception of service quality in agrotourism accommodations: Impact on guest loyalty and re-visit intentions," MPRA Paper 87914, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Christou, Evangelos, 2020. "Adoption of social media as distribution channels in tourism marketing: A qualitative analysis of consumers’ experiences," MPRA Paper 98175, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mavragani, Eleni & Nikolaidou, Paraskevi & Theodoraki, Efi, 2019. "Traveler segmentation through Social Media for intercultural marketing purposes: The case of Halkidiki," MPRA Paper 93526, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkiopoulos, Constantinos & Antonopoulou, Hera & Papadopoulos, Dimitrios & Giannoukou, Ioanna & Gkintoni, Evgenia, 2020. "Online reservation systems in e-Business: Analyzing decision making in e-Tourism," MPRA Paper 98230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zouni, Georgia & Digkas, Dimitrios, 2019. "Marketing suggestions for multi-religious tourism development: The case of Thessaloniki," MPRA Paper 98042, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chatzigeorgiou, Chryssoula & Christou, Evangelos & Simeli, Ioanna, 2019. "Confidence and loyalty for agrotourism brands: The Lesvos paradigm," MPRA Paper 93898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCo-creation of brand image; user generated content; social networking; projected image; branding online;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- M1 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IPR-2017-04-09 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MKT-2017-04-09 (Marketing)
- NEP-TUR-2017-04-09 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2017-04-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:77595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.