The effects of environmental investments on employment in the Greek economy: An input-output approach (2010-2020)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oecd, 1998. "OECD Data on Skills: Employment by Industry and Occupation," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1998/4, OECD Publishing.
- Robert Pollin & Heidi Garrett-Peltier & James Heintz & Helen Scharber, 2008. "Green Recovery: A Program to Create Good Jobs & Start Building a Low-Carbon Economy," Published Studies peri_report, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Wei, Max & Patadia, Shana & Kammen, Daniel M., 2010. "Putting renewables and energy efficiency to work: How many jobs can the clean energy industry generate in the US?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 919-931, February.
- Robert Pollin & James Heintz & Heidi Garrett-Peltier, 2009. "The Economic Benefits of Investing in Clean Energy: How the Economic Stimulus Program and New Legislation Can Boost U.S. Economic Growth and Employment," Published Studies economic_benefits, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Davor Mikulić & Željko Lovrinčević & Damira Keček, 2018. "Economic Effects of Wind Power Plant Deployment on the Croatian Economy," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-20, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cameron, Lachlan & van der Zwaan, Bob, 2015. "Employment factors for wind and solar energy technologies: A literature review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 160-172.
- Costantini, Valeria & Crespi, Francesco & Paglialunga, Elena, 2018.
"The employment impact of private and public actions for energy efficiency: Evidence from European industries,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 250-267.
- Valeria Costantini & Francesco Crespi & Elena Paglialunga, 2017. "The Employment Impact Of Private And Public Actions For Energy Efficiency: Evidence From European Industries," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0227, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Rosenow, Jan & Platt, Reg & Demurtas, Andrea, 2014. "Fiscal impacts of energy efficiency programmes—The example of solid wall insulation investment in the UK," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 610-620.
- Baer, Paul & Brown, Marilyn A. & Kim, Gyungwon, 2015. "The job generation impacts of expanding industrial cogeneration," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 141-153.
- Simas, Moana & Pacca, Sergio, 2014. "Assessing employment in renewable energy technologies: A case study for wind power in Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 83-90.
- World Bank, 2011. "South Africa Economic Update, November 2011," World Bank Publications - Reports 26854, The World Bank Group.
- Haerer, Drew & Pratson, Lincoln, 2015. "Employment trends in the U.S. Electricity Sector, 2008–2012," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 85-98.
- Markaki, M. & Belegri-Roboli, A. & Michaelides, P. & Mirasgedis, S. & Lalas, D.P., 2013. "The impact of clean energy investments on the Greek economy: An input–output analysis (2010–2020)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 263-275.
- Alex Bowen, 2014. "Green growth," Chapters, in: Giles Atkinson & Simon Dietz & Eric Neumayer & Matthew Agarwala (ed.), Handbook of Sustainable Development, chapter 15, pages 237-251, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Stavropoulos, S. & Burger, M.J., 2020.
"Modelling strategy and net employment effects of renewable energy and energy efficiency: A meta-regression,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C).
- Spyridon Stavropoulos & Martijn J. Burger, 2019. "Modelling Strategy and Net Employment Effects of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency: A Meta-Regression," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 19-044/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Carley, Sanya & Lawrence, Sara & Brown, Adrienne & Nourafshan, Andrew & Benami, Elinor, 2011. "Energy-based economic development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 282-295, January.
- repec:aud:audfin:v:21:y:2019:i:50:p:60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gheorghe Epuran & Claudia-Ioana Ciobanu & Adrian V. Horodnic & Gheorghe Epuran & Claudia-Ioana Ciobanu & Adrian V. Horodnic, 2019. "Green Jobs Creation – Main Element in the Implementation of Bioeconomic Mechanisms," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 21(50), pages 1-60, February.
- Fankhauser, Samuel & Jotzo, Frank, 2017.
"Economic growth and development with low-carbon energy,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
86850, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Sam Fankhauser & Frank Jotzo, 2017. "Economic growth and development with low-carbon energy," GRI Working Papers 267, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Sam Fankhauser & Frank Jotzo, 2017. "Economic growth and development with low-carbon energy," CCEP Working Papers 1705, Centre for Climate & Energy Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Luigi Aldieri & Jonas Grafström & Kristoffer Sundström & Concetto Paolo Vinci, 2019. "Wind Power and Job Creation," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Bohlmann, H.R. & Horridge, J.M. & Inglesi-Lotz, R. & Roos, E.L. & Stander, L., 2019. "Regional employment and economic growth effects of South Africa’s transition to low-carbon energy supply mix," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 830-837.
- Liu, Shen & Colson, Gregory & Hao, Na & Wetzstein, Michael, 2018.
"Toward an optimal household solar subsidy: A social-technical approach,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 377-387.
- Liu, Shen & Colson, Gregory & Wetzstein, Michael, 2015. "Toward an optimal U.S. solar photovoltaic subsidy," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196806, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Morris, Adele C. & Nivola, Pietro S. & Schultze, Charles L., 2012. "Clean energy: Revisiting the challenges of industrial policy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S1), pages 34-42.
- Mostafa Shaaban & Jürgen Scheffran & Jürgen Böhner & Mohamed S. Elsobki, 2018. "Sustainability Assessment of Electricity Generation Technologies in Egypt Using Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-25, May.
- Hao Cai & Ling Liang & Jing Tang & Qianxian Wang & Lihong Wei & Jiaping Xie, 2019. "An Empirical Study on the Efficiency and Influencing Factors of the Photovoltaic Industry in China and an Analysis of Its Influencing Factors," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-22, November.
- Duscha, Vicki & Fougeyrollas, Arnaud & Nathani, Carsten & Pfaff, Matthias & Ragwitz, Mario & Resch, Gustav & Schade, Wolfgang & Breitschopf, Barbara & Walz, Rainer, 2016. "Renewable energy deployment in Europe up to 2030 and the aim of a triple dividend," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 314-323.
More about this item
KeywordsGreen investments; Greece; input – output analysis; employment effects;
All these keywords.
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:74488. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.