What drives foreign direct investment into post-communist economies?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Asiedu, Elizabeth & Lien, Donald, 2011.
"Democracy, foreign direct investment and natural resources,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 99-111, May.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & Donald Lien, 2010. "Democracy, Foreign Direct Investment and Natural Resources," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201009, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- John H Dunning, 1998. "Location and the Multinational Enterprise: A Neglected Factor?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(1), pages 45-66, March.
- Carstensen, Kai & Toubal, Farid, 2004.
"Foreign direct investment in Central and Eastern European countries: a dynamic panel analysis,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 3-22, March.
- Carstensen, Kai & Toubal, Farid, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern European Countries: A Dynamic Panel Analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1143, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Carstensen, Kai & Toubal, Farid, 2004. "Foreign direct investment in Central and Eastern European countries: A dynamic panel analysis," Munich Reprints in Economics 19965, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Kai Carstensen & Farid Toubal, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment in Central and Eastern European Countries: A Dynamic Panel Analysis," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00311585, HAL.
- Globerman, Steven & Shapiro, Daniel, 2002. "Global Foreign Direct Investment Flows: The Role of Governance Infrastructure," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1899-1919, November.
- Xiaozu Wang & Lixin Colin Xu & Tian Zhu, 2012. "Foreign direct investment under a weak rule of law," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 20(3), pages 401-424, July.
- David W Loree & Stephen E Guisinger, 1995. "Policy and Non-Policy Determinants of U.S. Equity Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(2), pages 281-299, June.
- Xose Rodriguez & Julio Pallas, 2008. "Determinants of foreign direct investment in Spain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(19), pages 2443-2450.
- John Dunning, 1981. "Explaining the international direct investment position of countries: Towards a dynamic or developmental approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 117(1), pages 30-64, March.
- Axel Dreher, 2006.
"Does globalization affect growth? Evidence from a new index of globalization,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1091-1110.
- Axel Dreher, 2005. "Does Globalization Affect Growth? Evidence from a new Index of Globalization," TWI Research Paper Series 6, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Laura CASI & Laura RESMINI, 2010. "Evidence on the determinants of foreign direct investment: the case of EU regions," Eastern Journal of European Studies, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 1, pages 93-118, December.
- John C. Anyanwu & Nadege D. Yameogo, 2015. "What Drives Foreign Direct Investments into West Africa? An Empirical Investigation," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 27(3), pages 199-215, September.
- John H. Dunning & Sarianna M. Lundan, 2008. "Multinational Enterprises and the Global Economy, Second Edition," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3215.
- Jacob W. Musila & Simon P. Sigué, 2006. "Accelerating foreign direct investment flow to Africa: from policy statements to successful strategies," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 32(7), pages 577-593.
- Pantelis Pantelidis & Efthymios Nikolopoulos, 2008. "FDI Attractiveness in Greece," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 14(1), pages 90-100, February.
- Kevin Honglin Zhang, 2001. "What Attracts Foreign Multinational Corporations To China?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(3), pages 336-346, July.
- James R. Markusen & Keith E. Maskus, 2001. "General-Equilibrium Approaches to the Multinational Firm: A Review of Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 8334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Anyanwu, 2011. "Working Paper 136 - Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment Inflows to Africa, 1980-2007," Working Paper Series 327, African Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; determinants; Post-Communist; rule of law; democracy; market seeking.;
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2016-08-28 (International Trade)
- NEP-TRA-2016-08-28 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:73277. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.