Impact of Global Financial Crisis and Implied Volatility in the Equity Market on Gold Futures Traded on Multi Commodity Exchange, India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pravakar Sahoo & Rajiv Kumar, 2008. "Impact of Proposed Commodity Transaction Tax," Working Papers id:1593, eSocialSciences.
- P. Srinivasan & P. Ibrahim, 2012. "Price Discovery and Asymmetric Volatility Spillovers in Indian Spot-Futures Gold Markets," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 5(3), pages 65-80, December.
- Akgiray, Vedat, et al, 1991. "Conditional Dependence in Precious Metal Prices," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 367-386, August.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Lahiani, Amine & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2012.
"Long memory and structural breaks in modeling the return and volatility dynamics of precious metals,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 207-218.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Amine Lahiani & Duc Khuong Nguyen, 2013. "Long memory and structural breaks in modeling the return and volatility dynamics of precious metals," Working Papers hal-00798033, HAL.
- Pantisa Pavabutr & Piyamas Chaihetphon, 2010. "Price discovery in the Indian gold futures market," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 34(4), pages 455-467, October.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Yuan, Yuan, 2008. "Metal volatility in presence of oil and interest rate shocks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 606-620, March.
- Ahmed A. A. Khalifa & Hong Miao & Sanjay Ramchander, 2011. "Return distributions and volatility forecasting in metal futures markets: Evidence from gold, silver, and copper," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(1), pages 55-80, January.
More about this item
KeywordsCrisis; Futures; Gold; VIX; Options;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- L61 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Metals and Metal Products; Cement; Glass; Ceramics
- Q02 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Commodity Market
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:72966. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.