A Probabilistic Analysis of a Scheduling Problem in the Economics of Tourism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Amitrajeet Batabyal, 2007. "A probabilistic analysis of a scheduling problem in the economics of tourism," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 12(4), pages 1-7.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonas Nordström, 2005.
"Dynamic and stochastic structures in tourism demand modeling,"
Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 379-392, September.
- Nordström, Jonas, 2002. "Dynamic and Stochastic Structures in Tourism Demand Modelling," Umeå Economic Studies 596, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Yan, Shangyao & Chen, Hao-Lei, 2002. "A scheduling model and a solution algorithm for inter-city bus carriers," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 805-825, November.
- Carey, Malachy & Carville, Sinead, 2003. "Scheduling and platforming trains at busy complex stations," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 195-224, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amitrajeet A Batabyal & Hamid Beladi, 2010.
"A stochastic model of the provision of guided tours to tourists,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(1), pages 577-586.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Beladi, Hamid, 2010. "A stochastic model of the provision of guided tours to tourists," MPRA Paper 72152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal & Hamid Beladi, 2008. "Visitor classification, vehicle breakdowns, and the provision of transport for tourism," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 99-105, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:577-586 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amitrajeet Batabyal & Hamid Beladi, 2011. "Transport provision to tourists by a cost minimizing firm: a stochastic characterization," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 103-108, July.
- repec:eee:touman:v:31:y:2010:i:4:p:482-485 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Chaudhary & Amitrajeet Batabyal, 2009. "A stochastic analysis of alternate ways of scheduling transport for tourists," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 67-75, October.
- Fosgerau, Mogens & Karlström, Anders, 2010. "The value of reliability," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 38-49, January.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal, 2009.
"An independence result concerning the arrival rate of and the provision of transport to tourists,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 108-115.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet, 2009. "An independence result concerning the arrival rate of and the provision of transport to tourists," MPRA Paper 72134, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsOptimal Trip Frequency; Tourism; Transportation; Uncertainty;
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:71875. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.