Intelligence and Crime: A novel evidence for software piracy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milligan, Kevin & Moretti, Enrico & Oreopoulos, Philip, 2004. "Does education improve citizenship? Evidence from the United States and the United Kingdom," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1667-1695, August.
- Banerjee, Dyuti & Chatterjee, Ishita, 2010. "The impact of piracy on innovation in the presence of technological and market uncertainty," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 391-397, December.
- Arai, Yasuhiro, 2011. "Civil and criminal penalties for copyright infringement," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 270-280.
- Simplice A. Asongu, 2014.
"Software Piracy and Scientific Publications: Knowledge Economy Evidence from Africa,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 26(4), pages 572-583, December.
- Asongu, Simplice, 2014. "Software piracy and scientific publications: knowledge economy evidence from Africa," MPRA Paper 63153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asongu Simplice, 2014. "Software piracy and scientific publications: knowledge economy evidence from Africa," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 14/018, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Kathleen Reavis Conner & Richard P. Rumelt, 1991. "Software Piracy: An Analysis of Protection Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(2), pages 125-139, February.
- Stanley M. Besen & Leo J. Raskind, 1991. "An Introduction to the Law and Economics of Intellectual Property," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 3-27, Winter.
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon, 2015. "Intelligence and Shadow Economy: a Cross-Country Empirical Assessment," MPRA Paper 61976, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2012.
"Intelligence and corruption,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 109-112.
- Niklas Potrafke, 2011. "Intelligence and Corruption," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2011-36, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Potrafke, Niklas, 2012. "Intelligence and corruption," Munich Reprints in Economics 19275, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon, 2015. "Democracy and economic growth: the role of intelligence in cross-country regressions," MPRA Paper 65716, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Apr 2015.
- Isaac Kalonda-Kanyama & Oasis Kodila-Tedika, 2012.
"Quality of Institutions : Does Intelligence Matter?,"
WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS
201206, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2012.
- Isaac Kalonda-Kanyama & Oasis Kodila-Tedika, 2012. "Quality of Institutions: Does Intelligence Matter?," Working Papers 308, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon, 2016. "Intelligence and deforestation: International data," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 20-27.
- Robertson, Christopher J. & Gilley, K. Matthew & Crittenden, Victoria & Crittenden, William F., 2008. "An analysis of the predictors of software piracy within Latin America," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 651-656, June.
- Nicolas Dias Gomes & Pedro André Cerqueira & Luís Alçada Almeida, 2013. "Determinants of Worldwide Software Piracy Losses," GEMF Working Papers 2013-19, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Ram, Rati, 2007. "IQ and economic growth: Further augmentation of Mankiw-Romer-Weil model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 7-11, January.
- Bezmen, Trisha L. & Depken II, Craig A., 2006. "Influences on software piracy: Evidence from the various United States," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 356-361, March.
- Marron, Donald B & Steel, David G, 2000. "Which Countries Protect Intellectual Property? The Case of Software Piracy," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 38(2), pages 159-174, April.
- Andrés, Antonio R. & Goel, Rajeev K., 2012. "Does software piracy affect economic growth? Evidence across countries," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 284-295.
- Antonio Andrés & Simplice Asongu, 2013.
"Fighting Software Piracy: Which Governance Tools Matter in Africa?,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 118(3), pages 667-682, December.
- Antonio R. Andrés & Simplice A. Asongu, 2012. "Fighting software piracy: Which governance tools matter in Africa?," Development Research Working Paper Series 10/2012, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Christopher Robertson & K. Gilley & William Crittenden, 2008. "Trade Liberalization, Corruption, and Software Piracy," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 78(4), pages 623-634, April.
- Dyuti Banerjee & Ahmed Khalid & Jan-Egbert Sturm, 2005. "Socio-economic development and software piracy. An empirical assessment," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(18), pages 2091-2097.
- Daniele, Vittorio, 2013. "Does the intelligence of populations determine the wealth of nations?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 27-37.
- Gomes, Nicolas Dias & Cerqueira, Pedro André & Almeida, Luís Alçada, 2015. "A survey on software piracy empirical literature: Stylized facts and theory," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 29-37.
- Salahodjaev, Raufhon & Azam, Sardor, 2015. "Intelligence and gender (in)equality: empirical evidence from developing countries," MPRA Paper 66295, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordssoftware piracy; IQ; intelligence; cross-country; institutions; copyright;
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-IPR-2016-05-28 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-LAW-2016-05-28 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-NEU-2016-05-28 (Neuroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:71569. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.