Hofstede Index and Knowledge Economy Imperfections in Arab Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Buchanan, James M & Yoon, Yong J, 2000. "Symmetric Tragedies: Commons and Anticommons," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2001. "Learning by doing and the Dutch disease," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 285-306, February.
- Edella Schlager & Elinor Ostrom, 1992. "Property-Rights Regimes and Natural Resources: A Conceptual Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 68(3), pages 249-262.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David B. Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2015.
"The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship,"
Chapters,in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 7, pages 129-144
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann, 2013. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 757-774, December.
- Zoltan Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2009. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 5326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acs, Zoltan & Audrestch, David & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2007. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 77, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Bo Carlsson, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-27, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Theodore C. Bergstrom, 2010. "The Uncommon Insight of Elinor Ostrom," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 112(2), pages 245-261, June.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2011. "Natural Resources: Curse or Blessing?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(2), pages 366-420, June.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2010.
"The Natural Resource Curse: A Survey,"
4454156, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2010. "The Natural Resource Curse: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 15836, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2010. "The Natural Resource Curse: A Survey," Working Paper Series rwp10-005, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2010. "The Natural Resource Curse: A Survey," CID Working Papers 195, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2001.
"Natural resources, education, and economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 847-859, May.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2000. "Natural Resources, Education, and Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robinson, James A. & Torvik, Ragnar & Verdier, Thierry, 2006.
"Political foundations of the resource curse,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 447-468, April.
- Robinson, James A & Torvik, Ragnar & Verdier, Thierry, 2002. "Political Foundations of the Resource Curse," CEPR Discussion Papers 3422, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James A. Robinson & Ragnar Torvik & Thierry Verdier, 2003. "Politcal Foundations of the Resource Curse," DELTA Working Papers 2003-33, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Alfredo Canavese, 2004. "Commons, anti-commons, corruption and 'maffia' behavior," Law and Economics 0411002, EconWPA.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
- Hause, John C & Du Rietz, Gunnar, 1984. "Entry, Industry Growth, and the Microdynamics of Industry Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(4), pages 733-757, August.
- Parisi, Francesco & Schulz, Norbert & Depoorter, Ben, 2005. "Duality in Property: Commons and Anticommons," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 578-591, December.
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2002. "Natural resources, rent seeking and welfare," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 455-470, April.
- Corden, W M, 1984. "Booming Sector and Dutch Disease Economics: Survey and Consolidation," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 359-380, November.
- Dias, Joilson & McDermott, John, 2006. "Institutions, education, and development: The role of entrepreneurs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 299-328, August.
- Alfredo Canavese, 2004. "Commons, anti-commons, corruption and â€œmaffiaâ€ behavior," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 115, Econometric Society.
- Mohammad Reza Farzanegan, 2012. "Resource Wealth and Entrepreneurship: A Blessing or a Curse?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201224, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Geert Hofstede, 2010. "The GLOBE debate: Back to relevance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(8), pages 1339-1346, October.
- Marek Dabrowski, 2012. "What Can Arab Countries Learn From Post-communist Transition?," CASE Network E-briefs 09, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Klapper, Leora & Laeven, Luc & Rajan, Raghuram, 2006. "Entry regulation as a barrier to entrepreneurship," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 591-629, December.
More about this item
KeywordsImperfections; Knowledge; Hofstede index; Political economy.;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-10-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2015-10-25 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-KNM-2015-10-25 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:67365. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.