Il divario digitale infrastrutturale delle Marche
[The infrastructural digital divide of Marche Region]
Undoubtedly a fast and sustainable migration to the most innovative eServices requires the preliminary availability of a pervasive, reliable and updated digital network infrastructure. Unfortunately, in Italy nor the Market neither the State promptly worked to solve the enduring infrastructural digital divide affecting many less populated areas of the country. Although the awareness of this divide in the public opinion has recently grown, the accumulated retard persists, and reduces the competitiveness of the national economy, now adversely impacted by the structural crisis and the industrial decline. In this work we critically discuss the conventional empirical evidences available on the Marche Region, and we present new and more accurate ones. Contrary to the received wisdom, it emerges that Marche and more generally the NEC area remain among the most disadvantaged regions of the country, also due to the polycentric and diffused characters of their model of socio-economic and urban development. Looking into the near future, we envisage that the passage to the next generation of broadband (NGAN) will accentuate the existing coverage and quality problems of the digital infrastructure while, considering the employable public funds, to date there isn’t any trace of a prospective landmark change in policy-making.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2015|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Enrique Garcilazo, 2015.
"Quality of Government and the Returns of Investment: Examining the Impact of Cohesion Expenditure in European Regions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(8), pages 1274-1290, August.
- Andrés Rodriguez-Pose & Enrique Garcilazo, 2013. "Quality of Government and the Returns of Investment: Examining the Impact of Cohesion Expenditure in European Regions," OECD Regional Development Working Papers 2013/12, OECD Publishing.
- Fabrizio Barca & Philip McCann & Andrés Rodríguez‐Pose, 2012. "The Case For Regional Development Intervention: Place‐Based Versus Place‐Neutral Approaches," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(1), pages 134-152, February.
- Fabrizio Barca & Philip McCann & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2011. "The case for regional development intervention: Place-based versus place-neutral approaches," Working Papers 2011-15, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Seri, Paolo & Bianchi, Annaflavia & Matteucci, Nicola, 2014. "Diffusion and usage of public e-services in Europe: An assessment of country level indicators and drivers," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 496-513.
- Seri, Paolo & Bianchi, Annaflavia & Nicola, Matteucci, 2013. "Diffusion and usage of public e-services in Europe: An assessment of country level indicators and drivers," MPRA Paper 51240, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicola Matteucci, 2014. "L’investimento nelle reti NGA a larga banda: la "questione settentrionale"," ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(4), pages 129-158.
- Nicola MATTEUCCI, 2014. "La banda larga del Veneto: stato, orientamenti e politiche," Economia Marche / Journal of Applied Economics, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I) / Fondazione Aristide Merloni (I), vol. 0(1), pages 64-82, November.
- Matteucci, Nicola, 2014.
"La banda larga del Veneto: stato, orientamenti e politiche
[The Broadband of Veneto Region: Condition, Perspectives and Policy]," MPRA Paper 59828, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2014.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Gugler, Klaus, 2013. "The deployment and penetration of high-speed fiber networks and services: Why are EU member states lagging behind?," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 819-835.
- Luigi Reggi & Sergio Scicchitano, 2011. "European Regions Financing Public e-Services: the Case of EU Structural Funds," Working Papers 1110, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2011. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:65268. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.