A History of Economic Theorizing on the Prebisch-Singer Thesis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ziesemer, Thomas, 1995. "Growth with imported capital goods, limited export demand and foreign debt," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 31-53.
- Bacha, Edmar L., 1978. "An interpretation of unequal exchange from Prebisch-Singer to Emmanuel," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 319-330, December.
- Evans, David, 1987. "The long-run determinants of North-South terms of trade and some recent empirical evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 657-671, May.
- Findlay, Ronald, 1980. "The Terms of Trade and Equilibrium Growth in the World Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 291-299, June.
- Darity, William A, Jr, 1990. "The Fundamental Determinants of the Terms of Trade Reconsidered: Long-run and Long-period Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 816-827, September.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:12:y:1992:i:1:a:2996 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bardhan, Pranab K & Lewis, Sydney, 1970. "Models of Growth with Imported Inputs," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 37(148), pages 373-385, November.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1983.
"Foreign trade elasticities in centre-periphery models of growth and development,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 36(146), pages 249-261.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1983. "Foreign trade elasticities in centre-periphery models of growth and development," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 36(146), pages 249-261.
- Juergen Donges & James Riedel, 1977.
"The expansion of manufactured exports in developing countries: An empirical assessment of s upply and demand issues,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 113(1), pages 58-87, March.
- Donges, Juergen B. & Riedel, James, 1976. "The expansion of manufactured exports in developing countries: An empirical assessment of supply and demand issues," Kiel Working Papers 49, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Cuddington, John T & Urzua, Carlos M, 1989. "Trends and Cycles in the Net Barter Terms of Trade: A New Approach," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 426-442, June.
- Esfahani, Hadi Salehi, 1991. "Exports, imports, and economic growth in semi-industrialized countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 93-116, January.
- Taylor, Lance, 1981. "South-north trade and southern growth : Bleak prospects from the structuralist point of view," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 589-602, November.
- Prebisch, Raúl, 1950. "The economic development of Latin America and its principal problems," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 29973, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Griffin, Keith & Gurley, John, 1985. "Radical Analyses of Imperialism, the Third World, and the Transition to Socialism: A Survey Article," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 1089-1143, September.
- Ardeni, Pier Giorgio & Wright, Brian, 1992. "The Prebisch-Singer Hypothesis: A Reappraisal Independent of Stationarity Hypotheses," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 803-812, July.
- Molana, Hassan H & Vines, David A, 1989. "North-South Growth and the Terms of Trade: A Model on Kaldorian Line s," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(396), pages 443-453, June.
- Burgstaller, Andre, 1985. "North-South trade and capital flows in a ricardian model of accumulation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3-4), pages 241-260, May.
- Kurz, Heinz D, 1992. "Adam Smith on Foreign Trade: A Note on the 'Vent-for-Surplus' Argument," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(236), pages 475-481, November.
- Andrea Maneschi, 1983. "The Prebisch-Singer Thesis and the 'Widening Gap' between Developed and Developing Countries," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 104-108, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana Maria Bianchi & Cleofas Salviano, 1999. "Raúl Prebisch and the beginnings of the Latin American school of economics: a rhetorical perspective," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 423-438.
- Bianchi, Ana Maria, 2002. "For Different Audiences, Different Arguments: Economic Rhetoric at the Beginning of the Latin American School," Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 291-305, September.
More about this item
Keywordsdevelopment; growth; exports; terms of trade; Prebisch-Singer thesis;
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:60502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .