The Determinants of Human Migration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chapin, Gene L. & Cebula, Richard J., 1973. "The Insensitivity of Interregional Migration to Wage Differentials," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 3(1), pages 1-11.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1969. "An Analysis of the Determinants of Geographic Labor Mobility in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(2), pages 189-194, May.
- Cebula, Richard, 1973. "Interstate Migration and the Tiebout Hypothesis: An Analysis According to Race, Sex, and Age," MPRA Paper 49827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 1974.
- Cebula, Richard & Curran, Christopher, 1973. "Determinants of Migration to Central Cities: A Comment," MPRA Paper 50994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ziegler, Joseph A, 1976. "Interstate Black Migration: Comment and Further Evidence," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 449-453, September.
- Wadycki, Walter J, 1974. "Alternative Opportunities and Interstate Migration: Some Additional Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(2), pages 254-257, May.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Lowell E. Gallaway & Richard J. Cebula, 1973. "Differentials and Indeterminacy in Wage Rate Analysis: An Empirical Note," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 26(3), pages 991-995, April.
- Richard J. Cebula, 1978. "An Empirical Note on the Tiebout-Tullock Hypothesis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 705-711.
- Cebula, Richard & Vedder, Richard, 1972. "A Note on Migration, Economic Opportunity, and the Quality of Life," MPRA Paper 49824, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 1972.
- Aba Schwartz, 1971. "On Efficiency of Migration," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 6(2), pages 193-205.
- Tullock, Gordon, 1971. "Public Decisions as Public Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 913-918, July-Aug..
- Cebula, Richard J & Kohn, Robert M, 1975. "Public Policies and Migration Patterns in the United States," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 30(2), pages 186-196.
- Richard Cebula, 1974. "Local government policies and migration," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 85-93, September.
- Gallaway, Lowell E. & Vedder, Richard K., 1971. "Mobility of Native Americans," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(03), pages 613-649, September.
More about this item
Keywordsinterregional migration; expectations; investment; utility maximization;
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:58401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.