The Determinants of Human Migration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chapin, Gene L. & Cebula, Richard J., 1973. "The Insensitivity of Interregional Migration to Wage Differentials," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 3(1), pages 1-11.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1969. "An Analysis of the Determinants of Geographic Labor Mobility in the United States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(2), pages 189-194, May.
- Cebula, Richard, 1973. "Interstate Migration and the Tiebout Hypothesis: An Analysis According to Race, Sex, and Age," MPRA Paper 49827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 1974.
- Cebula, Richard & Curran, Christopher, 1973. "Determinants of Migration to Central Cities: A Comment," MPRA Paper 50994, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ziegler, Joseph A, 1976. "Interstate Black Migration: Comment and Further Evidence," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 449-453, September.
- Wadycki, Walter J, 1974. "Alternative Opportunities and Interstate Migration: Some Additional Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(2), pages 254-257, May.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Lowell E. Gallaway & Richard J. Cebula, 1973. "Differentials and Indeterminacy in Wage Rate Analysis: An Empirical Note," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 26(3), pages 991-995, April.
- Richard J. Cebula, 1978. "An Empirical Note on the Tiebout-Tullock Hypothesis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 92(4), pages 705-711.
- Cebula, Richard & Vedder, Richard, 1972. "A Note on Migration, Economic Opportunity, and the Quality of Life," MPRA Paper 49824, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Jul 1972.
- Aba Schwartz, 1971. "On Efficiency of Migration," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 6(2), pages 193-205.
- Tullock, Gordon, 1971. "Public Decisions as Public Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 913-918, July-Aug..
- Cebula, Richard J & Kohn, Robert M, 1975. "Public Policies and Migration Patterns in the United States," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 30(2), pages 186-196.
- Richard Cebula, 1974. "Local government policies and migration," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 85-93, September.
- Gallaway, Lowell E. & Vedder, Richard K., 1971. "Mobility of Native Americans," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(3), pages 613-649, September.
More about this item
Keywordsinterregional migration; expectations; investment; utility maximization;
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:58401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .