Federal Government Budget Deficits and the Crowding Out of Private Investment in the United states: Evidence for the 1990s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hoelscher, Gregory, 1986. "New Evidence on Deficits and Interest Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 18(1), pages 1-17, February.
- Vito Tanzi, 1985. "Fiscal Deficits and Interest Rates in the United States: An Empirical Analysis, 1960-84 (DÃ©ficits budgÃ©taires et taux d'intÃ©rÃªt aux Etats-Unis: analyse empirique, 1960-84) (El dÃ©ficit fiscal y la," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(4), pages 551-576, December.
- Cebula, Richard, 1996. "An Empirical Note on the Impact of the Federal Budget Deficit on Ex Ante Real Long-Term, Interest Rates, 1973-1995," MPRA Paper 51414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James R. Barth & George Iden & Frank S. Russek, 1984. "Do Federal Deficits Really Matter?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 3(1), pages 79-95, September.
- Cebula, Richard J, 1991. "Federal Government Budget Deficits and Interest Rates: Reply," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 46(2), pages 331-334.
- Cebula, Richard J & Belton, Willie J, 1993. "Government Budget Deficits and Interest Rates in the United States: Evidence for Closed and Open Systems Put into Perspective, 1955-1989," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 48(2), pages 188-209.
- Feldstein, Martin S & Eckstein, Otto, 1970. "The Fundamental Determinants of the Interest Rate," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(4), pages 363-375, November.
More about this item
Keywordsbudget deficits; investment in new plant and equipment; crowding out;
- H3 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H69 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:54571. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .