How certain indigenous innovation and other patent policies hamper innovation in China
China has a wide-range of patent-specific and other patent-related policies in-place, many of which are at least partially meant to stimulate patents and “indigenous innovation.” However, the analysis in this paper discusses how some of these policies in effect can actually discourage quality patents, and highest-quality patents in particular, and related innovation.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:||Dec 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in European Union Chamber of Commerce in China Publications /Chapter 3 of Dulling the Cutting Edge: How Patent-Related Policies and Practices Hamper Innovation in China (2012): pp. 75-123|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Danguy Jérôme & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie Bruno, 2011.
"Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Community Patent,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-43, April.
- Jérôme Danguy & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2011. "Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Community Patent," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/101071, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Danguy, Jérôme & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno, 2010. "Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Community Patent," CEPR Discussion Papers 7631, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno van Pottelsberghe & Jérôme Danguy, 2009. "Cost Benefit Analysis of the Community Patent," Working Papers 366, Bruegel.
- repec:oxf:wpaper:wps/2011-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Galasso & Mark Schankerman & Carlos J. Serrano, 2011.
"Trading and Enforcing Patent Rights,"
NBER Working Papers
17367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Galasso & Mark Schankerman & Carlos J. Serrano, 2011. "Trading and Enforcing Patent Rights," CEP Discussion Papers dp1072, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Galasso, Alberto & Schankerman, Mark & Serrano, Carlos, 2011. "Trading and Enforcing Patent Rights," CEPR Discussion Papers 8573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 2003.
"Indicators of the relative importance of IPRs in developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1657-1680, October.
- Sanjaya Lall and Manuel Albaladejo, "undated". "Indicators of the Relative Importance of IPRs In Developing Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps85, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sourafel Girma & Yundan Gong, 2008. "FDI, Linkages and the Efficiency of State-Owned Enterprises in China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 728-749.
- Sourafel Girma & Yundan Gong & Holger Gˆrg & Zhihong Yu, 2009.
"Can Production Subsidies Explain China's Export Performance? Evidence from Firm-level Data,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(4), pages 863-891, December.
- Girma, Sourafel & Gong, Yundan & Görg, Holger & Yu, Zhihong, 2008. "Can production subsidies explain China's export performance? Evidence from firm level data," Kiel Working Papers 1442, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bruun, Peter & Bennett, David, 2002. "Transfer of Technology to China: : A Scandinavian and European Perspective," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 98-106, February.
- Hu, Mei-Chih & Mathews, John A., 2008. "China's national innovative capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1465-1479, October.
- Yu, Tony Fu-Lai, 1998. "Adaptive entrepreneurship and the economic development of Hong Kong," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 897-911, May.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Raihan, Selim & Bleser, Adam & Prud'homme, Dan & Mayrand, Karel & Morin, Jean Frederic & Pollitt, Hector & Hinojosa, Leonith & Williams, Michael, 2011. "Trade sustainability impact assessment (SIA) on the comprehensive economic and trade agreement (CETA) between the EU and Canada: Final report," MPRA Paper 28812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Kun & Kenney, Martin, 2007. "Universities/Research Institutes and Regional Innovation Systems: The Cases of Beijing and Shenzhen," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1056-1074, June.
- Girma, Sourafel & Gong, Yundan, 2008. "Putting people first? Chinese state-owned enterprises' adjustment to globalisation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 573-585, March.
- Marco, Alan C., 2006.
"The dynamics of patent citations,"
Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series
84, Vassar College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.