How certain indigenous innovation and other patent policies hamper innovation in China
China has a wide-range of patent-specific and other patent-related policies in-place, many of which are at least partially meant to stimulate patents and “indigenous innovation.” However, the analysis in this paper discusses how some of these policies in effect can actually discourage quality patents, and highest-quality patents in particular, and related innovation.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:||Dec 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Markus Eberhardt & Christian Helmers, 2011.
"Is the Dragon Learning to Fly? An Analysis of the Chinese Patent Explosion,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/2011-15, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Markus Eberhardt & Christian Helmers & Zhihong Yu, 2011. "Is the Dragon Learning to Fly? An Analysis of the Chinese Patent Explosion," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-15, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Markus Eberhardt & Christian Helmers & Zhihong Yu, . "Is the Dragon Learning to Fly? An Analysis of the Chinese Patent Explosion," Discussion Papers 11/16, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Bruun, Peter & Bennett, David, 2002. "Transfer of Technology to China: : A Scandinavian and European Perspective," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 98-106, February.
- Danguy, Jérôme & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno, 2010.
"Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Community Patent,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7631, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno van Pottelsberghe & JÃ©rÃ´me Danguy, 2009. "Cost Benefit Analysis of the Community Patent," Working Papers 366, Bruegel.
- Jérôme Danguy & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2011. "Cost-Benefit Analysis of the Community Patent," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/101071, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Zhihong Yu & Yundan Gong & Sourafel Girma & Holger Görg, 2008.
"Can production subsidies explain China's export performance? Evidence from firm level data,"
Kiel Working Papers
1442, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Sourafel Girma & Yundan Gong & Holger Gˆrg & Zhihong Yu, 2009. "Can Production Subsidies Explain China's Export Performance? Evidence from Firm-level Data," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 111(4), pages 863-891, December.
- Girma, Sourafel & Gong, Yundan, 2008. "Putting people first? Chinese state-owned enterprises' adjustment to globalisation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 573-585, March.
- Chen, Kun & Kenney, Martin, 2007. "Universities/Research Institutes and Regional Innovation Systems: The Cases of Beijing and Shenzhen," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 1056-1074, June.
- Hu, Mei-Chih & Mathews, John A., 2008. "China's national innovative capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1465-1479, October.
- Marco, Alan C., 2007.
"The dynamics of patent citations,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 290-296, February.
- Marco, Alan C., 2006. "The dynamics of patent citations," Vassar College Department of Economics Working Paper Series 84, Vassar College Department of Economics.
- Alberto Galasso & Mark Schankerman & Carlos J. Serrano, 2011.
"Trading and Enforcing Patent Rights,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1072, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Galasso, Alberto & Schankerman, Mark & Serrano, Carlos, 2011. "Trading and Enforcing Patent Rights," CEPR Discussion Papers 8573, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Galasso & Mark Schankerman & Carlos J. Serrano, 2011. "Trading and Enforcing Patent Rights," NBER Working Papers 17367, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sourafel Girma & Yundan Gong, 2008. "FDI, Linkages and the Efficiency of State-Owned Enterprises in China," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 728-749.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 2003.
"Indicators of the relative importance of IPRs in developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1657-1680, October.
- Sanjaya Lall and Manuel Albaladejo, . "Indicators of the Relative Importance of IPRs In Developing Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps85, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Raihan, Selim & Bleser, Adam & Prud'homme, Dan & Mayrand, Karel & Morin, Jean Frederic & Pollitt, Hector & Hinojosa, Leonith & Williams, Michael, 2011. "Trade sustainability impact assessment (SIA) on the comprehensive economic and trade agreement (CETA) between the EU and Canada: Final report," MPRA Paper 28812, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yu, Tony Fu-Lai, 1998. "Adaptive entrepreneurship and the economic development of Hong Kong," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 897-911, May.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-96, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.