EU Enlargement and the New Goods Margin in Austrian Trade
Using the methodology developed in Kehoe and Ruhl (2013), I measure the change in the extensive, or new goods, margin of trade between Austria and the ten new entrants to the European Union in 2004. On average, the new goods account for 42% of the bilateral trade flow after enlargement. A time series measure shows growth in the new goods margin coincides with the 2004 enlargement, which provides evidence on the importance of the role played by the new goods margin in the growth in trade following a trade liberalization.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dalton, John, 2013.
"The New Goods Margin in Japanese-Chinese Trade,"
50371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Purba Mukerji, 2009. "Trade Liberalization And The Extensive Margin," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(2), pages 141-166, 05.
- Richard Baldwin Virginia Di Nino, 2006.
"Euros and zeros: The common currency effect on trade in new goods,"
IHEID Working Papers
21-2006, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised 31 Oct 2006.
- Richard E. Baldwin & Virginia Di Nino, 2006. "Euros and Zeros: The Common Currency Effect on Trade in New Goods," NBER Working Papers 12673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard & Di Nino, Virginia, 2006. "Euros and Zeros: The Common Currency Effect on Trade in New Goods," CEPR Discussion Papers 5973, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christian Broda & David E. Weinstein, 2006. "Globalization and the Gains From Variety," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 541-585.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl, 2006.
"How Important is the New Goods Margin in International Trade?,"
2006 Meeting Papers
733, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl, 2013. "How Important Is the New Goods Margin in International Trade?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(2), pages 358 - 392.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl, 2009. "How important is the new goods margin in international trade?," Staff Report 324, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:50353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.