Language, Meaning, and Games: Comment
Demichelis and Weibull (2008 AER) show that adding lexicographic lying costs to coordination games with cheap talk yields a sharp prediction: only the efficient outcome is evolutionarily stable. I demonstrate that this result is caused by the discontinuity of preferences, rather than by small lying costs per se.
|Date of creation:||29 Aug 2013|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bomze Immanuel M. & Weibull Jorgen W., 1995. "Does Neutral Stability Imply Lyapunov Stability?," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 173-192, November.
- Young, H Peyton, 1993. "The Evolution of Conventions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 57-84, January.
- Binmore, Kenneth G. & Samuelson, Larry, 1992. "Evolutionary stability in repeated games played by finite automata," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 278-305, August.
- Banerjee, Abhijit & Weibull, Jorgen W., 2000.
"Neutrally Stable Outcomes in Cheap-Talk Coordination Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 1-24, July.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Jörgen W. Weibull, "undated". "Neutrally Stable Outcomes in Cheap Talk Coordination Games," ELSE working papers 012, ESRC Centre on Economics Learning and Social Evolution.
- Cressman, R., 1997. "Local stability of smooth selection dynamics for normal form games," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-19, August.
- Samuelson, Larry & Swinkels, Jeroen M., 2003.
"Evolutionary stability and lexicographic preferences,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 332-342, August.
- Samuelson,L. & Swinkels,J.M., 2001. "Evolutionary staibility and lexicographic preferences," Working papers 18, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Sandholm, William H., 2010. "Local stability under evolutionary game dynamics," Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 5(1), January.
- Kim, Yong-Gwan & Sobel, Joel, 1995.
"An Evolutionary Approach to Pre-play Communication,"
Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1181-1193, September.
- Kim, Y.G. & Sobel, J., 1993. "An Evolutionary Approach to Pre-Play Communication," Working Papers 93-02, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Samuelson, Larry & Swinkels, Jeroen M., 2003. "Evolutionary stability and lexicographic preferences," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 332-342, August.Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
- Larry Samuelson & Jeroen Swinkels, 2003. "Evolutionary Stability and Lexographic Preferences," Levine's Working Paper Archive 506439000000000456, David K. Levine.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:49375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.