Saving Rate Dynamics in the Neoclassical Growth Model – Hyperbolic Discounting and Observational Equivalence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Y. Hossein Farzin & Ronald Wendner, 2013. "Saving Rate Dynamics in the Neoclassical Growth Model — Hyperbolic Discounting and Observational Equivalence," Graz Economics Papers 2013-05, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Y. Hossein Farzin & Ronald Wendner, 2013. "Saving Rate Dynamics in the Neoclassical Growth Model – Hyperbolic Discounting and Observational Equivalence," Working Papers 2013.42, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gong, Liutang & Smith, William & Zou, Heng-fu, 2007. "Consumption and Risk with hyperbolic discounting," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 153-160, August.
- Trimborn, Timo & Koch, Karl-Josef & Steger, Thomas M., 2008.
"Multidimensional Transitional Dynamics: A Simple Numerical Procedure,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 301-319, June.
- Timo Trimborn & Karl-Josef Koch & Thomas M. Steger, 2004. "Multi-dimensional transitional dynamics : a simple numerical procedure," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 04/35, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Karl-Josef Koch & Timo Trimborn & Thomas M. Steger, 2005. "Multi-Dimensional Transitional Dynamics: A Simple Numerical Procedure," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 121-05, Universität Siegen, Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften, Wirtschaftsinformatik und Wirtschaftsrecht.
- Timo Trimborn & Karl-Josef Koch & Thomas Steger, 2006. "Multi-Dimensional Transitional Dynamics: A Simple Numberical Procedure," CESifo Working Paper Series 1745, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kent Smetters, 2003.
"The (Interesting) Dynamic Properties of the Neoclassical Growth Model with CES Production,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(3), pages 697-707, July.
- Kent Smetters, 2003. "The (Interesting) Dynamic Properties of the Neoclassical Growth Model with CES Production," NBER Technical Working Papers 0290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caliendo, Frank & Aadland, David, 2007.
"Short-term planning and the life-cycle consumption puzzle,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 1392-1415, April.
- Frank Caliendo & David Aadland, 2004. "Short-term planning and the life-cycle consumption puzzle," Microeconomics 0404003, EconWPA.
- Litina, Anastasia & Palivos, Theodore, 2010.
"The Behavior Of The Saving Rate In The Neoclassical Optimal Growth Model,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(04), pages 482-500, September.
- Anastastia Litina & Theodore Palivos, 2008. "The Behaviour of the Saving Rate in the Neoclassical Optimal Growth Model," Discussion Paper Series 2008_05, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jun 2008.
- Hall, Robert E, 1988. "Intertemporal Substitution in Consumption," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 339-357, April.
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 1996.
"The Poverty of Nations: A Quantitative Exploration,"
NBER Working Papers
5414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe & Ellen R. McGrattan, 1997. "The poverty of nations: a quantitative exploration," Staff Report 204, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Maddison, Angus, 1992. " A Long-Run Perspective on Saving," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 181-196.
- Shafer, Jeffrey R & Elmeskov, Jorgen & Tease, Warren, 1992. " Saving Trends and Measurement Issues," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(2), pages 155-175.
- Findley, T. Scott & Caliendo, Frank N., 2014. "Interacting mechanisms of time inconsistency," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 68-76.
- David Laibson, 1997. "Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-478.
More about this item
KeywordsSaving rate; non-monotonic transition path; hyperbolic discounting; regular discounting; commitment; short planning horizon; neoclassical growth model;
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2013-03-30 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-FDG-2013-03-30 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45518. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .