Inference in non stationary asymmetric garch models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christian Francq & Jean-Michel Zakoian, 2013. "Inference in Non Stationary Asymmetric Garch Models," Working Papers 2013-11, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim & Al-Eid, Eid M. & Hmeid, Aboubakry M., 2011. "Offline and online weighted least squares estimation of nonstationary power ARCH processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(10), pages 1535-1540, October.
- Drost, Feike C. & Klaassen, Chris A. J., 1997.
"Efficient estimation in semiparametric GARCH models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 193-221, November.
- Drost, F.C. & Klaassen, C.A.J., 1996. "Efficient Estimation in Semiparametric GARCH Models," Discussion Paper 1996-38, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Drost, F.C. & Klaassen, C.A.J., 1997. "Efficient estimation in semiparametric GARCH models," Other publications TiSEM c7de3f1c-c456-433e-a1c6-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Søren Tolver Jensen & Anders Rahbek, 2004. "Asymptotic Normality of the QMLE Estimator of ARCH in the Nonstationary Case," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 641-646, March.
- Pan, Jiazhu & Wang, Hui & Tong, Howell, 2008. "Estimation and tests for power-transformed and threshold GARCH models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 352-378, January.
- Abdelhakim Aknouche & Eid Al-Eid, 2012. "Asymptotic inference of unstable periodic ARCH processes," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 61-79, April.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Drost, F.C. & Klaassen, C.A.J. & Werker, B.J.M., 1994.
"Adaptive estimation in time-series models,"
1994-88, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Drost, F.C. & Klaassen, C.A.J. & Werker, B.J.M., 1997. "Adaptive estimation in time-series models," Other publications TiSEM aa253902-af93-4e1e-b974-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Drost, F.C. & Klaasens, C.A.J. & Werker, B.J.M., 1994. "Adaptive Estimation in Time Series Models," Papers 9488, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Higgins, Matthew L & Bera, Anil K, 1992. "A Class of Nonlinear ARCH Models," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(1), pages 137-158, February.
- Rabemananjara, R & Zakoian, J M, 1993. "Threshold Arch Models and Asymmetries in Volatility," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(1), pages 31-49, Jan.-Marc.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "Stationarity and Persistence in the GARCH(1,1) Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(03), pages 318-334, September.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Li, Dong & Ling, Shiqing & Zhu, Ke, 2016. "ZD-GARCH model: a new way to study heteroscedasticity," MPRA Paper 68621, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Min Chen & Dong Li & Shiqing Ling, 2014. "Non-Stationarity And Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation On A Double Autoregressive Model," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(3), pages 189-202, May.
- Wang, Hui & Pan, Jiazhu, 2014. "Normal mixture quasi maximum likelihood estimation for non-stationary TGARCH(1,1) models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 117-123.
- Massacci, Daniele, 2014. "A two-regime threshold model with conditional skewed Student t distributions for stock returns," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 9-20.
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim, 2015. "Unified quasi-maximum likelihood estimation theory for stable and unstable Markov bilinear processes," MPRA Paper 69572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim & Touche, Nassim, 2015. "Weighted least squares-based inference for stable and unstable threshold power ARCH processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 108-115.
- repec:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:1:p:1-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Dong & Li, Muyi & Wu, Wuqing, 2014. "On dynamics of volatilities in nonstationary GARCH models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 86-90.
- Bibi, Abdelouahab & Ghezal, Ahmed, 2017. "Asymptotic properties of QMLE for periodic asymmetric strong and semi-strong GARCH models," MPRA Paper 81126, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pedersen, Rasmus Søndergaard & Rahbek, Anders, 2016. "Nonstationary GARCH with t-distributed innovations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 19-21.
More about this item
KeywordsGARCH models; Inconsistency of estimators; Local power of tests; Nonstationarity; Quasi Maximum Likelihood Estimation;
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2013-03-16 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2013-03-16 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.