Analiza eficienţei activităţii de cercetare dezvoltare inovare prin metoda DEA
[The Efficency Analysis Of R&D Activities By Using Dea]
By this paper we intend to analyze the existing gap in the efficiency of R&D investment, at European level. The method employed in this respect is Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA). The evaluation of the performance in R&D in European countries, in terms of technical efficiency (TE) thus constitutes the main goal of this research. Small European economies (i.e. Luxemburg and Sweden) have high levels of research efficiency, while some of the larger ones, namely, United Kingdom, France, and Spain, show lower TE scores. Romania is characterized by a very low rate of knowledge production, suggesting that they are still in the phase of imitating and replicating existing technologies, while only little effort made to innovate.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Karkazis, John & Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 1998. "Assessing the effectiveness of regional development policies in Northern Greece using data envelopment analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 123-137, June.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman, 2001.
"Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 328-335, May.
- Francesco Caselli & Wilbur John Coleman II, 2001. "Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers," NBER Working Papers 8130, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caselli, Francesco & Coleman II, Wilbur John, 2001. "Cross-Country Technology Diffusion: The Case of Computers," CEPR Discussion Papers 2744, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Zizi Goschin & Daniela-L. Constantin & Monica Roman & Bogdan Ileanu, 2008. "The current state and dynamics of regional disparities in Romania," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 2(2), pages 80-105, December.
- Allen, Steven G, 2001.
"Technology and the Wage Structure,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 440-83, April.
- Tatjana Slavova, 2008. "A rank order and efficiency evaluation of the EU regions in a social framework," Empirica, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 339-367, September.
- Jens Schmidt-Ehmcke & Petra Zloczysti, 2009. "Research Efficiency in Manufacturing: An Application of DEA at the Industry Level," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 884, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jon Zabala-Iturriagagoitia & Peter Voigt & Antonio Gutierrez-Gracia & Fernando Jimenez-Saez, 2007. "Regional Innovation Systems: How to Assess Performance," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 661-672.
- Monica Roman, 2010. "Regional Efficiency Of The Knowledge Economy In The New Eu Countries: The Romanian And Bulgarian Case," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 4(1), pages 33-53, JUNE.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:44000. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.