The significance of socioeconomic factors on personal loan decision a study of consumer banking local private banks in Pakistan
This paper explores the influences of the approved results of loans cases, the loan applicants’ socioeconomic attributes in the decision of perusal loan. The results can improve the credit quality and avoid the misjudgment of screening personal loan customers and also establish a better personal loan risk management forecasting model. The main purpose of the present paper was to evaluate significance of loan applicant socioeconomic attributes on personal loan decision in the local private commercial banks of Pakistan. The statistical techniques, descriptive and logistic regression were used. The model identified that out of six independent variables, region, residence status and year with the current organization have significant impact on personal loan decision.
|Date of creation:||10 Oct 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefano Caselli & Stefano Gatti & Francesca Querci, 2008. "The Sensitivity of the Loss Given Default Rate to Systematic Risk: New Empirical Evidence on Bank Loans," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 1-34, August.
- Jacobson, Tor & Roszbach, Kasper, 1998.
"Bank Lending Policy, Credit Scoring and Value at Risk,"
Working Paper Series
68, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Jacobson, Tor & Roszbach, Kasper, 2003. "Bank lending policy, credit scoring and value-at-risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 615-633, April.
- Jacobson, Tor & Roszbach, Kasper, 1998. "Bank Lending Policy, Credit Scoring and Value at Risk," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 260, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Steenackers, A. & Goovaerts, M. J., 1989. "A credit scoring model for personal loans," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 31-34, March.
- Jessica Holmes & Jonathan Isham & Ryan Petersen & Paul M. Sommers, 2007. "Does Relationship Lending Still Matter in the Consumer Banking Sector? Evidence from the Automobile Loan Market," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 88(2), pages 585-597.
- D. J. Hand & W. E. Henley, 1997. "Statistical Classification Methods in Consumer Credit Scoring: a Review," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 160(3), pages 523-541.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42322. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.